Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
And no faults after that? Is there info available on what the update actually is? Just in case my dealer isn’t aware.
No they never said anything about the update other than a computer update. My dealer told me that BRP put out a bulletin about the malfunction. All the dealers should know about this bulletin by now. I never had any faults since the update.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hopefully someone cracks the code and we can just do the updates/reconfig on our own. Unless it truly stays gone forever and isn’t needed. Although I have a feeling that if we had it reset, did some work on other components and turned the car on with the suspension not fully connected (to test other things quick or just on accident) the fault might come back. Not the end of the world I guess to run it back to the dealer, just annoying.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just as I thought, I called my dealer and they were not aware of any suspension fault errors for the smart shox. They’re asking me to drop it off to them for a few days so they can get a technician to look at it. Can anyone that has had this done send me the shop info they took their machine too so I can maybe talk to them and get some reference material for my shop so they have at least a clue about what to do? Much appreciated guys

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had mine recalibrated again last week and had no problems on my last ride.
May i get the dealer info you took it to by chance? Maybe they can give me the BRP software update numbers to give to my dealer so they’re not doing any unnecessary work and wasting time

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Call the Service Manager at Adrenalin Motorsports in Casa Grande at (520) 836-0583. I had mine fixed there. They will explain it to you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Call the Service Manager at Adrenalin Motorsports in Casa Grande at (520) 836-0583. I had mine fixed there. They will explain it to you.
Called and they were very helpful so thank you for that. Knew exactly what I was talking about and how to tell my dealer where to find the information. Apparently there is a folder inside the BRP dealer login screen under “Warranty - SAS” with step by step instructions on how to do it.

I just dropped off my machine so hopefully they’re intelligent enough to figure it out the first try. I didn’t leave with high hopes though. He turned it on and didn’t see a “Suspension fault” error code like I told him so he was hesitant that BRP would cover or do anything about it. Guess we’ll see. As long as I see “performed BRP SAS service reset” or something along those lines I should be good.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Quick follow up to help future fault code problems.

Dealer said they found a fault code on the rear left shock “Signal not active”. According to them, they suspect my MAX was built and power turned on before the suspension was fully hooked up so the computer never saw it. The paperwork i have doesn’t say it, but they say they had to run a suspension program from BRP to correct the issue. It was under warranty work so no cost to me.

I think it’s more likely that i had the well documented suspension fault issues noted above and they just haven’t run into it before or aren’t allowed to describe it on paper. Anyway, they say it’s corrected now so we’ll see. I’ve been out of state working a lot lately so I haven’t been able to test it yet. I’ll take their word for it and assume it’s fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found this thread a few nights ago just before I went to pick up my SS so I was freaking out a little. Thus far with about 50miles there have been no codes or malfunctions.

My X3 was taken off the truck on like January 11th so it's a newer batch than some of these having issues. Crossing my fingers that nothing crops up in the future.

Because of this thread I did ask the dealer if there were any bulletins or anything pertaining to mine before I left the lot and they said no.

Hopefully you guys get squared away.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Quick follow up to help future fault code problems.

Dealer said they found a fault code on the rear left shock “Signal not active”. According to them, they suspect my MAX was built and power turned on before the suspension was fully hooked up so the computer never saw it. The paperwork i have doesn’t say it, but they say they had to run a suspension program from BRP to correct the issue. It was under warranty work so no cost to me.

I think it’s more likely that i had the well documented suspension fault issues noted above and they just haven’t run into it before or aren’t allowed to describe it on paper. Anyway, they say it’s corrected now so we’ll see. I’ve been out of state working a lot lately so I haven’t been able to test it yet. I’ll take their word for it and assume it’s fixed.

Nope.. Still broke. Just dropped her back off at the dealer FML

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nope.. Still broke. Just dropped her back off at the dealer FML
Have they gave you any feedback? I dropped mine off for the third time with suspension fault light last week. They are saying front shocks need to be replaced this time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have they gave you any feedback? I dropped mine off for the third time with suspension fault light last week. They are saying front shocks need to be replaced this time.
They say the rear left sensor is faulty and ordered a replacement under warranty. Every time I talk to them I bring up the BRP warranty suspension fault folder that is supposed to be on their dealer website but I don’t feel like they’re interested in hearing about it.

I’ve been on Instagram talking to other shox owners and dealers and it seems like I’m the ONLY person left in America having this problem. Guys out there with 1000 miles on them and zero issues! Sucks! Oh well, I’m not too upset about it. As long as it’s solved before summer vacation with the family I’ll be alright

41 - 60 of 60 Posts