Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all. I read on here earlier that someone had a suspension fault code for an XRS smart shox. I tried to respond but discussion was closed. Anyway, I had the same codes on mine today. It comes and goes. It does clear itself after driving a bit. The code is C240E and C240D. Also a shock indicator flashes by the High/Low range indicator. Is anyone else having this issue? I’ve contacted dealer and they said it shouldn’t be anything to worry about. Just thought someone on here might know something about it. Thanks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think it's work in progress by BRP to fix the problems thru the dealers. Does it cause any issues while driving it?

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Hey all. I read on here earlier that someone had a suspension fault code for an XRS smart shox. I tried to respond but discussion was closed. Anyway, I had the same codes on mine today. It comes and goes. It does clear itself after driving a bit. The code is C240E and C240D. Also a shock indicator flashes by the High/Low range indicator. Is anyone else having this issue? I’ve contacted dealer and they said it shouldn’t be anything to worry about. Not the response I wanted to hear. Just thought someone on here might know something about it. Thanks. View attachment 263044 View attachment 263046
Here's my post from the other thread:

Apparently the Smart Shox cars left the factory with the shocks calibrated wrong. BRP is aware of this and a service bulletin was released. I dropped my car off at the dealer a couple of weeks ago and had the shocks recalibrated. Unfortunately it didn't work. Much to my dismay, the problem resurfaced on my first ride. I called the dealer last Monday and they said that Can-am had just released a new bulletin stating that the previous calibration instructions they sent out were incorrect. They want me to bring the vehicle back to redo the calibration process.

From what I was told, to recalibrate the shocks they have to remove the rear shocks and set the rear of the car practically on the ground. Then they bolt a steel bar that BRP sent them to each of the rear shocks so they are in the exact same position. They flash the ecm and put it back together. Hopefully this second bulletin fixes the problem. This week I'll probably take mine in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's my post from the other thread:

Apparently the Smart Shox cars left the factory with the shocks calibrated wrong. BRP is aware of this and a service bulletin was released. I dropped my car off at the dealer a couple of weeks ago and had the shocks recalibrated. Unfortunately it didn't work. Much to my dismay, the problem resurfaced on my first ride. I called the dealer last Monday and they said that Can-am had just released a new bulletin stating that the previous calibration instructions they sent out were incorrect. They want me to bring the vehicle back to redo the calibration process.

From what I was told, to recalibrate the shocks they have to remove the rear shocks and set the rear of the car practically on the ground. Then they bolt a steel bar that BRP sent them to each of the rear shocks so they are in the exact same position. They flash the ecm and put it back together. Hopefully this second bulletin fixes the problem. This week I'll probably take mine in.
Oh wow. Getting all the bugs out I guess. Thanks so much for the input. Really appreciate it. Good luck.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If it was me I would drive it pretty hard see if it does something else. Work out all the bugs...give those guys at R&D something to really work on.
If I paid for it and it doesn't work I don't want to be going back and forth 100 times. I will give it the shake down when it's in my hands, they can have it fully tested after that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That’s why I didn’t buy the smart Shox. Too much technology for riding in the sand.
For sure but tech generally makes things better. You would think before they let these out they have 10 cars being tested over and over again fixing issues to make sure stuff like this doesn’t happen... I bought a BMW rt1250 which had adjustable shocks on the fly and even has an auto position which allows the bike to adjust for condition. Definitely pretty sweet, new tech no issue. You know BMW is testing the crap out of them before they leave the factory.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
For sure but tech generally makes things better. You would think before they let these out they have 10 cars being tested over and over again fixing issues to make sure stuff like this doesn’t happen... I bought a BMW rt1250 which had adjustable shocks on the fly and even has an auto position which allows the bike to adjust for condition. Definitely pretty sweet, new tech no issue. You know BMW is testing the crap out of them before they leave the factory.
Unfortunately that's not the way BRP designs and releases their Can Am line...... They leave it to their customers, dealers and aftermarket designers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also have the same issue, dealer didn’t do much other than a reset , I hope BRP finds a fix soon.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Unfortunately that's not the way BRP designs and releases their Can Am line...... They leave it to their customers, dealers and aftermarket designers.
I guess I understand companies need to make sure they have a profit margin to I guess stay open, develop new products, pay employees and things. But it seems like you lose so much of that profit in warranty work or recalls if you don’t take the time to do it right the first time.!?

have you had any other issues after reset?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I guess I understand companies need to make sure they have a profit margin to I guess stay open, develop new products, pay employees and things. But it seems like you lose so much of that profit in warranty work or recalls if you don’t take the time to do it right the first time.!?

have you had any other issues after reset?
It's the customer that gets hit past the skinny 6 month warranty or things they don't cover which they should under warranty.
(ie: my flawed clutch with pitted casting in the sheaves)

Also the hit with extended warranty companies...... My extended warranty company put out over $4500 for nothing trying to fix a misfire code throwing parts at the problem with no real knowledge from the dealer and BRP using a listed script. A different skilled mechanic, myself and the extended warranty company manager figured it out to be a $60 part.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Spoke with Can-am and they Said they are not aware of any issue with the suspension faults. They did say If there is any issue the dealer will warranty it..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Spoke with Can-am and they Said they are not aware of any issue with the suspension faults. They did say If there is any issue the dealer will warranty it..
I wish that was the case, maybe it is for you guys in the United States, however when I took mine to the dealer this afternoon they told me it’s fine just keep turning it off whenever you get the error and it will disappear. Not any good if it keeps coming on every 2-5 min of riding and the shocks get too stiff !

·
Registered
173 Posts
So the dealer won't fix it because it's not actually mechanically broken yet. Most likely they are not even sure what to fix either.... Back to my original sentiment drive it hard, be a good beta tester give them something to work on. Don't go crazy but work in the machine, jump it and work that suspension. That's about the only thing that can be done for the situation.
Beta testers have 6 months to test so hurry up....that's serious.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I wish that was the case, maybe it is for you guys in the United States, however when I took mine to the dealer this afternoon they told me it’s fine just keep turning it off whenever you get the error and it will disappear. Not any good if it keeps coming on every 2-5 min of riding and the shocks get too stiff !
oh my.......wow!
Very sorry, that dealers answer is totally unacceptable. I would contact BRP direct.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts