Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
So the dealer won't fix it because it's not actually mechanically broken yet. Most likely they are not even sure what to fix either.... Back to my original sentiment drive it hard, be a good beta tester give them something to work on. Don't go crazy but work in the machine, jump it and work that suspension. That's about the only thing that can be done for the situation.
Beta testers have 6 months to test so hurry up....that's serious.
Actually today I just said screw it and drove it like I normally would and pretended the error was not there at the dunes, and it drove pretty good actually, when the fault error comes up the bleed hole fully closes basically goes into sport + (I believe) and I notice the bottoming control is amazing on the G outs and jump landings + there is virtually no or very little body roll. At least I can still enjoy it ! Happy about that.

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
Not until you make a call to BRP will there be a documented file.

I had an issue with my Smartlock when they first came out and BRP didn't care how many dealer trips inhad until I made a file with them.

Tim

Reactions: hbk and HPnMORE4J

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Again, this is unacceptable if the dealer is ignoring the situation and you really need to act on this immediately. I can't tell where you live or what the laws are however I'm sure there is a processes of recourse. The dealer has to file a service case with BRP which a number is assigned in order for BRP to fully recognize the problem. If your dealer is unwilling to do this have them send the reason why in writing. Also only speak with the service manager, or general manager/owner who oversees the service manager. BRP may suggest you contact a different dealer if you don't find the originating one cooperative. Just make sure you document everything!

........"the squeaky wheel is the one that gets greased"

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2021 Max XRS RR is giving me the same code. Intermittent and sometimes goes away on its own. Was told it was a calibration issue.

The smartshocks error code seems desirable to me now after the seemingly catastrophic engine failure I had today.

Can Am not off to a good start with me. Hopefully their service overcomes the inconveniences I've experienced in the first 24 days of ownership.

·
Registered
67 Posts
One of my friends had the same issue... he said he noticed the code comes when any of the four shox gets fully extended?

·
Registered
15 Posts
My new machine set the error message 30 seconds into the first ride. Barely even hit any bumps. And now it will set it in the driveway before I hit the trail. Very disappointing considering the smart shox system is the reason I bought it.....

So at this point is it worth bringing to the dealer or should I wait till BRP has a definite fix and/or update? The closest can am dealer is a hour away.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One of my friends had the same issue... he said he noticed the code comes when any of the four shox gets fully extended?
Yes exactly! I noticed this yesterday at the dunes, the "Suspension fault" code only comes on when it goes into full droop.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My new machine set the error message 30 seconds into the first ride. Barely even hit any bumps. And now it will set it in the driveway before I hit the trail. Very disappointing considering the smart shox system is the reason I bought it.....

So at this point is it worth bringing to the dealer or should I wait till BRP has a definite fix and/or update? The closest can am dealer is a hour away.
I feel your pain, I sold my 2020 to get the 2021 just for the smart shox.... and this happens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I feel your pain, I sold my 2020 to get the 2021 just for the smart shox.... and this happens.
Thanks

I talked with the dealer I bought my machine from. They say there is a bulletin out for the fix. I explained that other people have attempted to have the update and have still gotten the error message. So not sure if it is worth the hour drive or not at this point if it is definitively a fix or not.

·
Registered
393 Posts
So not sure if it is worth the hour drive or not at this point if it is definitively a fix or not.
Take it in toot sweet. Get on the "books" as far as warranty issues go. If it takes BRP longer than 6 months to get the fix dialed in, and you don't have a service order on record reflecting you had issues from day one,,,, may cause hassles you shouldn't have to mess with.

Fix or no fix right now,,,, get the problem on record with your dealer/BRP.

Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Take it in toot sweet. Get on the "books" as far as warranty issues go. If it takes BRP longer than 6 months to get the fix dialed in, and you don't have a service order on record reflecting you had issues from day one,,,, may cause hassles you shouldn't have to mess with.

Fix or no fix right now,,,, get the problem on record with your dealer/BRP.

Just my thoughts.
Good advice thank you. I was wondering if there was a way to open up a file with BRP without bringing it to the dealer thinking I am sure there is not. So makes sense to just go ahead and bring it in even if it turns out to be a waste of time with the issue but at least it will be documented.

It is funny because I partly justified going brand new to get away from having to work on my full size buggys that were constantly breaking. Now first week I have brand new UTV I am having to spend half a day to bring it for warranty work because the manufacturer obviously botched the new design-lol

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Good advice thank you. I was wondering if there was a way to open up a file with BRP without bringing it to the dealer thinking I am sure there is not. So makes sense to just go ahead and bring it in even if it turns out to be a waste of time with the issue but at least it will be documented.

It is funny because I partly justified going brand new to get away from having to work on my full size buggys that were constantly breaking. Now first week I have brand new UTV I am having to spend half a day to bring it for warranty work because the manufacturer obviously botched the new design-lol
You will need to initiate a case# between dealer/mechanic/BRP, you may be able to use any "certified" mechanic, however I would think they will want to use "BUDS" system.
I would call BRP direct.

......yeah me too, I feel your pain. I spent 9 weeks in and out of dealership, cancelled family trips and events, $4500 worth of extended warranty money wasted for nothing to be fixed by the originating dealer. They wanted to throw another 2-3 weeks and $2500 when I said enough... went to a different dealer 30 min and $60 fixed it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You will need to initiate a case# between dealer/mechanic/BRP, you may be able to use any "certified" mechanic, however I would think they will want to use "BUDS" system.
I would call BRP direct.

......yeah me too, I feel your pain. I spent 9 weeks in and out of dealership, cancelled family trips and events, $4500 worth of extended warranty money wasted for nothing to be fixed by the originating dealer. They wanted to throw another 2-3 weeks and $2500 when I said enough... went to a different dealer 30 min and $60 fixed it.
Great information! Thank you. Yeah they tried to sell me on the extended warranty and I said I would hold off. Seems like they are just like insurance companies they gladly take your money for premiums, but then you have to fight tooth and nail for them to cover anything no matter how legitimate!

I am also going to call Shock Therapy on Monday to see if they know what the bulletin or fix may be. I just watched their video and they seem extremely knowledgeable with the new smart shox system. I also think I will definitely be doing their mods they will have for the smart shox. According to them it will make it a lot more adjustable for different types of riding and smoother.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Great information! Thank you. Yeah they tried to sell me on the extended warranty and I said I would hold off. Seems like they are just like insurance companies they gladly take your money for premiums, but then you have to fight tooth and nail for them to cover anything no matter how legitimate!

I am also going to call Shock Therapy on Monday to see if they know what the bulletin or fix may be. I just watched their video and they seem extremely knowledgeable with the new smart shox system. I also think I will definitely be doing their mods they will have for the smart shox. According to them it will make it a lot more adjustable for different types of riding and smoother.
Thank god I had an extended warranty otherwise the $4500 would have been out of my pocket for nothing due to the dealer/BRP mistakes.
My warranty company had my back thankfully, just wish they had recourse against the dealer /BRP for their money that was wasted by just throwing parts at the problem without proper diagnosis.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes definitely defaults to full stiff. "That's what she said"

I just took mine for the first real rip on my track ignoring the malfunction. These machine definitely have the greatest fun factor I think of just about anything else! ATVs, dirt bikes, rock crawlers, race cars. Just blew me away how much fun I just had-lol So even with a brand new machine already having issues I am quite happy! Wish I had bought a UTV years ago but always thought they were way to expensive, underpowered, and never liked the goofy look of the RZRs---my opinion....

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
(Spoiler Alert)

Question is?
Have you unplugged your Smart Shox with your key on or turned your key on with them unplugged?

Are they easy to unplug unknowingly or by themselves? :unsure:

21 - 40 of 60 Posts