Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I spent 8 hours ridding in a tight group in fine dust all day long. Took out the filter at the end of the day and it was Crystal clean!! no lie, I and my passages all looked grey covered head to toe in dust.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just installed the S & B particle separator on my 2020 x3. I put on 90 miles yesterday riding with a group of 11 machines in extremely dusty conditions and the air filter looks great. Highly recommend this product!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Do you have to deal with more noise once you install it? I've seen hard numbers saying SB adds more db but wondering of real life experience. Is the extra noise really noticeable?

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Do you have to deal with more noise once you install it? I've seen hard numbers saying SB adds more db but wondering of real life experience. Is the extra noise really noticeable?
Only hear it at idle. Sounds like a hairdryer on low

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
My hearing isn't very good but I hear the fan run when I hit the start button but once my machine starts I can't hear the fan. As DANCAM stated it would be similar to a hair dryer.

·
Official Site Vendor
6,774 Posts
I have an S&B particle separator and it works really really good in the Desert and the Dunes! However on all the post I have read regarding the S&B the questions keeps coming up about running them in the snow. So far no one has commented on this questions and I am wondering if no one has used them in the snow yet? is that possible. So if you have used or been with someone who has used them in the snow please give us your feedback.
View attachment 180058 View attachment 180066
Inside of air box after about 150 miles of sand and AZ desert trail ridding
S&B separates snow just like dust. Your to go.

·
Registered
776 Posts
It's not a bad thing to hear it. I heard mine running and not sometimes. So far nothing I can see in the harness I'm thinking it's either the relay/fuse (i never did look at what's inside that little box) or the fan it heat temperamental as we were all near or over heating in the cinders Saturday.

My buddies put different fuses in. But as soon as I'd say "dang it, it's not running' it'd fire back up and stay running. Not vibration or driving it would be running when we cam to a stop and sometimes shut down after a little bit. I'm going to give S&B a call at some point. i've got 2 weeks before riding again, might just get a cage at thet time as well lol

Also both my buddies swear by them in the snow. One popped a fuse on his S&B and the filter was clogged with snow.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine is on now, wish I had it last weekend but it showed up Monday. I haven’t knocked my filter since CK but will be when I belt swap this week. I used Mikes low on the right mount point, I like that I can still see out the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
can you point me to "mikes low on the right point INSTALLATION"? ?I'm going insane trying to find it...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Just want to point out the technology is sound wiring the S&B is standard as mentioned folks forget to turn it on but the manufacture doesn’t want to rely on the customer failing to hook it up correctly and getting a bad rap

There are several manufacturers of the technology some active some passive

These guys have a big market share in the industrial world

Many applications for use helmets filtration bigger Compressors the trick is figuring the CFM is some math but if Dusty/Sandy environment its always a good idea folks have always seen tractors with the glass particle separators

·
Registered
391 Posts
Very much so! Although they have been around for a very long time. These are passive-filtration. The little fan in the S&B are to substitute the set up using the exhaust as the vortex to remove the fine particle before the face of the filter

We used that same technology to vent the pressure in the crank case of drag race at high RPM I used it in Baja to create vacuum in a catch can in my 1200 cc car using a smog air injection check valve attach to a nipple just above the collector below the stinger, before that always blowing rocker cover gaskets leading to loss of oil and 💣

·
Registered
776 Posts
can you point me to "mikes low on the right point INSTALLATION"? ?I'm going insane trying to find it...

Take a look at where it is. Just beside the pass head rest. (Low and on the right, if you were behind the car lol) I’ll grab another pic from the car in a min.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
The dealer mounted mine there too but The dogs and myself couldn’t stand the noise along with the intake to the clutches

Moved it above the roof line with the S&B kit
Only problem is with the flooding tire rack it doesn't allow for full articulation so I have a stick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got mine in temporary install last weekend, still need to wire it. I saw on utube wiring connections, my 2019 has the red/black terminals but no terminal for accessory.
B7D7FCAB-B23A-41FB-914C-ED54BE6978B6.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
248 Posts
Got mine in temporary install last weekend, still need to wire it. I saw on utube wiring connections, my 2019 has the red/black terminals but no terminal for accessory.
View attachment 256927
Accès post is just to the right of the top right corner of that box. right in the console side, think it has a gpx logo on it. Should se some red and black going to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had posted a question last week, direct wire or switch.. looks like direct wire is the winner.
An other question. If for what ever issues, fan does not start, do you drive without or pull air tube to breathe?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Replace the fan when you can it removes the scavenged heavier dust it will fall to the bottom and eventually fall out the lower discharge.

Direct is good because if you in an area without dust you can save the 3 amp draw. Put to another use charging or whatever

21 - 39 of 39 Posts