Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm right at 41.4 amps of extra power needed to run all my goodies in my MEGAmax build. With OEM radiator fan, intercooler fan, fuel pump and engine electrical needs plus my extra 41 amp draw on the stock system I would not be putting anything back into the battery. Sure I could get by with a second battery and isolator but that second battery would not be down on power for the next night ride.

the stock stator is 625 watts at 6000 rpm,
44.6 amps at 14 volts
49.2 amps at 12.7 volts

what's the good bad and ugly about the Alternator kit? I already heard one second hand info that there was some issues, nothing specific though.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Im just trying to solve your non existent problem with a non existent solution! Its a win win! 😂

Tim

·
Premium Member
7,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bunch of cheap pricks around here. Someone has to have some experience with it. I really dont want to be a test idiot at $2700

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 ds turbo r
113 Posts
I’ll be installing one over the summer on mine. Unless someone pops out a new kit before then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm right at 41.4 amps of extra power needed to run all my goodies in my MEGAmax build. With OEM radiator fan, intercooler fan, fuel pump and engine electrical needs plus my extra 41 amp draw on the stock system I would not be putting anything back into the battery. Sure I could get by with a second battery and isolator but that second battery would not be down on power for the next night ride.

the stock stator is 625 watts at 6000 rpm,
44.6 amps at 14 volts
49.2 amps at 12.7 volts

what's the good bad and ugly about the Alternator kit? I already heard one second hand info that there was some issues, nothing specific though.

We installed it about a 14 months ago. Perfect solution for a power hungry setup . No issues with the install or the alternator since. We had upgraded to dual battery, and added a LOT more accessories.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Installed mine Nov 2019, I run dual batteries with high load lights, dual radiators/fans which draw the large amps, no longer have charge issues, works great. Only issue is a rattling noise coming from the pulley drive shaft slop in the belt side cover shaft bearing. Fixed most of the noise with high temp rtv on the shaft going into the belt cover bearing. ZRP recommends using green locktite ( loctite 648-21443 retaining compound) with a release agent on the bearing surface to resolve.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
good stuff guys, keep the reviews comming
Ok ;) if show you a picture of much cheaper way to produce up to 75 amps or so that you could fabricate yourself for a mere fraction of the cost would anyone make me one? :D
A bit different in operation but should work well.
PM's welcome! :whistle:

·
Premium Member
7,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
An alternator off driveshaft or cv joint cup might work but at slow speed you get noting and top end you might spin it too fast and create longevity issues.

Putting a windmill type device on roof would look stupid.

running something off exhaust gasses like a reverse turbo could be interesting, but unproven and would take lots of development.

Ok, ill bite and send a pm

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
An alternator off driveshaft or cv joint cup might work but at slow speed you get noting and top end you might spin it too fast and create longevity issues.

Putting a windmill type device on roof would look stupid.

running something off exhaust gasses like a reverse turbo could be interesting, but unproven and would take lots of development.

Ok, ill bite and send a pm
Be careful, when Megas says " I'll bite" it's not what you think.

I wonder how feasible and or difficult having the existing winding modified would be.

Tim

1 - 20 of 26 Posts