Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Who’d you pay off 20 mins. Has to be a world record

Reactions: AZSteele

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
First ya gotta go Saturday not Sunday. Second ya gotta know how to get through town to the ready lanes from the east.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Never done tj, otay wasn't all that bad ready lane was about an hour on a tue. Night when we went to pick up our cars from the hauler we usually do tecate

·
Premium Member
10,137 Posts
Nice!

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Memories the house you past after the little water crossing at 2:00 when we pre ran the 1000 the lady had a rope across the road and was charging everyone 30 pesos to cross her ranch I had a 1000 and a 20 she took the 20 everyone else in our group gave her 30 thats a nice stretch going over to ojo’s Great vid you put together, with a lot of good memories for me from our trip everyone who watches will see the magic of Baja , to bad you couldn't stop in san juanico the taco shop at the beach is the bomb my #1 spot you guys look like you had some fun.

·
Registered
190 Posts
No fancy production value, but in classic Baja racing form, one pair of our guys had a scary moment leaving San Felipe...

Zambo, what did you run for a horn? We had a cute beep-beep one that went with our little golf cart theme but was useless the couple times we actually need to use the horn in anger.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Ya have to love the local traffic on the course. (Course is a street) some are just oblivious about all the race cars their passing it gets scary

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Scary. You always gotta stay to the right because of the chance of local traffic, especially on the faster roads.

I use this cheap and lightweight police style honker. The amp is about the size of a pack of cigarettes. I mount the speaker on a piece of flat stock that is bolted on top the front bulkhead behind the radiator. I use the front sway bar mounts to bolt it in. Not the most robust thing ever but its lasted two races now and thousands of miles but still works fine. I just use one momentary button on the dash to activate it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYHQEJF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yep San Felipe is best known for giant sand woops, booby traps, and locals on the course, otherwise my favorite place in Baja. I'm just glad it was the young guy on the team who was driving...us old farts might have been squinting and wondering "what's that..." Thanks for the horn info!

81 - 93 of 93 Posts