Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
It’s all good here, the thrill of getting an ninth place finish is long gone for me. I could just drive down these trails all day long and easily finish the race without breaking. To me the fun thing is trying to be the fastest guy out there, which is an order of magnitude higher effort level. Didn’t happen this year but we will be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all about the adventure. You came, you raced and you kicked ass.
And none of us are drinking beer with our toes in the sand in Cabo right now so as far as I can tell your winning !!!

Enjoy the ride .....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Can you pre run the course ,if you had the time and $$$ or do they supply the gps files and off you go, , the brenthal brothers are course markers for score so those guys see every rock and rut and are also making notes on the leadnav and marking hazards ? If its for their use or share with other teams Glad everyone is safe and still having fun
Is that right ? Doesn't seem fair.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Everyone (bigger teams) pre run the score races wether its the 1000,500 san felipe 250 etc they will spend a month or more down running the course and the teams with multiple drivers will split up so who ever is driving a section will pre run that section 3 or 4 times to get to know it pretty good. , Theres usually 3 teams that go and mark the track they leap frog each other Its something I wouldn't mind getting involved in I was just wondering if norra was the same and you get to pre run
norra would be good race for the first timers as your not running non stop to the finish

Reactions: AZSteele

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
There is no prerunning with NORRA. They publish the course just a couple days before the race. Unlike SCORE though they mark the turns and dangers as waypoints and they give you a roadbook with notes to help you navigate.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
There is no prerunning with NORRA. They publish the course just a couple days before the race. Unlike SCORE though they mark the turns and dangers as waypoints and they give you a roadbook with notes to help you navigate.

thanks for this info, I just wondered no pre run will cut the cost of racing and help make the field a little more even as the small budget teams aren't at a disadvantage from the high dollar guys that spend half their time down there pre running , I see on norra’s site the link to down load the course and wonder if only the rae teamsare allowed or If I could down load to have a map for a future ride.

Reactions: AZSteele

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Link not working ( for browser) file not found

·
Registered
190 Posts
DD, thanks for the reply, no idea why it's not working. The short answer is that I'm looking for space for our YXZ headed North. We blew the right side off the trailer in San Ignacio. She's little, should only need 6'*10', we'll deliver anywhere in Cabo

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I saw a guy towing an empty trailer smash into a concrete drainage bulkhead north of San Ignacio. The right side tires hit it and the trailer went about 3 feet in the air.

Reactions: Loretano

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

·
Registered
190 Posts
Unless we get some charity tonight at the awards, this looks to be the hookup. Thanks DD! We're looking to drive the YXZ to La Paz where their facility is.

Zambo, weren't you looking to get a chase truck North, you using these guys?

Thx guys!

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Pay in pesos you get a better deal , if you do use them their terminal is easy to get to only about a block and a half from the border in san ysidro they're a good co.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Great deal, they guy that set up our transport lived close to the san ysidro crossing , probably why he had them shipped there ,close to home! Glad everything worked out

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
You can race anything at the norra. Only in mexico. Lol.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I found a friend that wanted to make a few extra bucks so he's driving my other chase truck back. We got back to SD last night, only took about 20 minutes to cross the border.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts