Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:big smile: Just want to wish you good luck and say have fun ( I know you will). Be safe and kick some butts

Reactions: AZSteele

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Best of luck man, clean air and safe passes to the finish line.

Keep us updated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Been busier than a one armed fiddler with jock itch. But the starting line is in sight. Crew arrives in town Friday, we roll to Baja first thing Saturday, green flag on Sunday, finish line on Thursday. Lets hope she holds together and the roof rack doesn't touch the ground.
58462166_1195752327262526_7174816234599350272_o.jpg

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey good luck keep the rubber side down and remember to finish first! First you must finish.........

·
Premium Member
10,436 Posts
Been busier than a one armed fiddler with jock itch. But the starting line is in sight. Crew arrives in town Friday, we roll to Baja first thing Saturday, green flag on Sunday, finish line on Thursday. Lets hope she holds together and the roof rack doesn't touch the ground.
View attachment 235305
Best of luck!

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't eat to many tacos at the el trailer on the way into town , do you cross at Tecate. Keep it safe and rubber down
good luck ad have fun

Attachments

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
They keep making those tacos bigger and bigger. Used to gobble down 4 or 5, now I can barely finish 2. BTW, the adobada tacos there are awesome. Another great place is Carbone's, you go down the main drag until you get to the 7-11 and turn left to go the main highway again. A block down on the left, with a big astronaut statue out front. Awesome.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its hard to get a bad taco in mexico but there are some places that just put the others to shame , 2 places Id go just so I could hit the tacos, gonzaga bay ,alfonsena’s great fish n shrimp tacos and my favorite from all of baja is the little taco stand looking down on the beach in san juanico’s scorpian bay its a 4 day ride to get there but Im in .

Btw your car is looking pretty damm nice. Once again have fun maybe one day Ill be able to talk a couple of my buddies to run it

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
. They have some nostalgia in this race ,or at least you never realy see some of these in the score series any more

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aaand he’s off,
first raptor limo Ive seen and its in the race

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Sorry to say it was a total shitshow for us on day one. About 50 miles in and still in front of everybody I put the car on its side trying to pass a slower car in another class. Took us about 15 minutes to get it back upright with the only damage being a missing tail light. Turns out that was the least of our worries.

Got to the highway crossing and the engine is hot. Our chase is there and we see radiator fluid everywhere under the motor. Turns out the thermostat housing somehow got cracked. How that’s even possible is still a mystery to me. We removed it, patched it as best we could with epoxy, and put some alum a seal in the tank. It seems to be holding for now but we will see. This whole effort took well over an hour.

We finish without further incident but after getting to the hotel notice the passenger side front axle is pulled out of the diff. The axle isn’t plunging on the hub end. First time running Rhino axles, and I’ve never had a problem with the stock axles so we pull the front end apart to put the stockers back in. That’s when I notice that the front wheel bearings on both sides of the car have been pushed out of the knuckle. Holy shit am I pissed now. We took both knuckles to a place nearby with a press and reseated them and reinstalled the circlip but lord knows if they are going to stay in there because the circlip groove isn’t in great shape after having those bearings smashed outboard by poorly plunging axles.

In any event we got it all back together but that ate up all the time I had to try and fix the thermostat housing any better. So today we are just going to drive very easy and see how it goes and maybe have some time to do more work tomorrow evening. I really wanted to win this race but now just finishing is going to take some luck and effort. Oh well at least we have tacos and beer, lol.

No internet tonight but I’ll try to post an update Tuesday if I can.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Man ,hate those slow roadblocking sightseers, pretty amazing you made it in and didn't grenade something, good luck were rootin for you.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Sorry to say it was a total shitshow for us on day one. About 50 miles in and still in front of everybody I put the car on its side trying to pass a slower car in another class. Took us about 15 minutes to get it back upright with the only damage being a missing tail light. Turns out that was the least of our worries.

Got to the highway crossing and the engine is hot. Our chase is there and we see radiator fluid everywhere under the motor. Turns out the thermostat housing somehow got cracked. How that’s even possible is still a mystery to me. We removed it, patched it as best we could with epoxy, and put some alum a seal in the tank. It seems to be holding for now but we will see. This whole effort took well over an hour.

We finish without further incident but after getting to the hotel notice the passenger side front axle is pulled out of the diff. The axle isn’t plunging on the hub end. First time running Rhino axles, and I’ve never had a problem with the stock axles so we pull the front end apart to put the stockers back in. That’s when I notice that the front wheel bearings on both sides of the car have been pushed out of the knuckle. Holy shit am I pissed now. We took both knuckles to a place nearby with a press and reseated them and reinstalled the circlip but lord knows if they are going to stay in there because the circlip groove isn’t in great shape after having those bearings smashed outboard by poorly plunging axles.

In any event we got it all back together but that ate up all the time I had to try and fix the thermostat housing any better. So today we are just going to drive very easy and see how it goes and maybe have some time to do more work tomorrow evening. I really wanted to win this race but now just finishing is going to take some luck and effort. Oh well at least we have tacos and beer, lol.

No internet tonight but I’ll try to post an update Tuesday if I can.
Oh man that sucks. Hope all that hard work gets you to the finish line. Amazed you found a place capable of "repressing" those wheel bearings, but I can only imagine how mangled the bearing rings were.

The axle deal, dozens of possibilities I guess. Thankfully you chase crew are skillful and dedicated .

Godspeed ZAMBO, that finish line is almost in sight. Keep us posted buddy....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Sounds like fun either way.
Stock axles are still the only way to go.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 93 Posts