Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
i would make a small change. i know its minimal, and most may not care, but to make the bumper more asthetically pleasing, you could take the side bracing bar, that goes from the upright tube to the outer kicker and flip it upside down. instead of the bar slanting outward and then up, it would slant upward and then out. if you will notice the "gills" on the plastic radiator are going in an upward, then outward pattern. if you take the bracing bar you have, and flip it 180 and weld it back, it would more closely follow the plastic gills on the radiator shroud and look pretty slick

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
do you have any side views or straight on views? I would also like ot see where it mounts in the wheel well and is it compatible with a winch? Will you offer it in multiple colors?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I willl get more in depth photos tomorrow.
We can add, take away bars for lights etc.
I will ask if we can add a winch mount.

Keep the comments flowing.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
ballpark price range?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
there are several bumpers on the market, many of them nice, what is missing in the bumper arena is one that also protects the lower radiator hose, a big issue, and one that needs addressed, just see my posts on it, several replies all about the same thing. a bumper made right ( and with a winch mount to of course) is what is really needed. it also sets you apart from the rest with a valid extra use.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Very nice design but I think what Airdam is suggesting would be a good concept to see. The Maverick has nice eyes (Headlamps). Need a bumper that gives the Maverick a mean set of teeth or fang like appearance. I like the look of my 2006 Skidoo Renegade because it has that mean looking insect face. Better than my 2009 skidoo Renegade.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok everyone, the Boss and I went over your comments, he said he will redesign the bumper (he made the one in the pic as a one off just for him to go racing).

The radiator hose is be protected by the front plate.

Mounting at the bulkhead is to an existing square tube that only needs a hole drilled in it to secure the 90 degree mount.

It will mount the same but he will change it a bit to add the winch option.

Here are the mounting pics requested.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Will the bulkhead mount be welded to the bumper or will it be a bolt on like the unit in the picture and will it be powder coated the same color?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Boss made that version out of aluminum to save weight so it is bolt together, I can suggest steel with the 90 degree insert welded to the bar.
I will ask to see if it can be fully welded (not bolted to the bumper) but I think for shipping dimensions it will be bolted AT the bumper.
Yes it will be powdercoated same color.

No idea of price ATM.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
A place for a winch is the only thing I'd say to add. I like the look of it a lot, I've been waiting for a decent bumper...haven't liked any I saw yet. This one might fit the bill....I like what I am seeing...and love the interaction you guys are doing here. Great customer service.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
im in if its right bro, PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE MAVERICK MAX before designing the bumper so you can see the radiator hose, so its protected right. as long as its protected right and the oem winch plate/winch I have with bolt on im good

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK here is the scoop.

I spoke to the Boss and he will make the bumper to what y'all suggest.
AND.................... we will make a stainless steel pipe to replace the rubber hose from the radiator. You will need to cut your stock rad hose, then cut a 2 or 3 inch section from that to connect from the rad outlet to our new stainless tube, then before the bulkhead re connect the remainder of the stock rubber hose to our new tube.

How does that sound??? Even our Boss couldn't break that.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I think someone mention a concern of snapping or damaging the tube on the radiator not just the hose itself which is why a protector was brought up.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The bumper and lower skid/bash plate will protect the rad hose from the front, if you want to use the stock rubber rad hose.

The stainless steel replacement radiator pipe we are going to offer will protect from anything that can get brought in from the wheel or from under the machine.

The Boss is supposed to make me one to show today or tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts