Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with Yoshimura on their exhaust system for the Maverick. They have it built and already tried it on several machines, but they are trying to figure a way to rework the pipe. The way it is now you will have to remove the exhaust for a belt change. He said looking like a month before release!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So it was a full system with both header pipes and mufflers? Or just something that removes the CAT?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The way I took it, it was a full system. I didn't even think to ask him what MSRP was going to be!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The way I took it, it was a full system. I didn't even think to ask him what MSRP was going to be!
They make a pretty decent product so it will be interesting to see what they come up it. I believe the factory cat is pretty restrictive.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It will be interesting to see if you can truly get noticeable HP gains by removing CATs. I am in the boating industry and we had to start using CAT motors a few years ago. It really didn't make a difference in HP believe it or not. It is not as restricted as the auto industry, so I think maybe they don't have to be as "green".

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I honestly doubt we will see any gains with a full exhaust system only! I think its probably gonna take what everyone else here as said. IE exhaust, larger intake, and a proper fuel map. There is no way adding those 3 things will not increase horsepower. Everything I have rode that is controlled electronically has always added felt horsepower gains with those mods.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
After talking to they guys at DynoJet when I dropped my Mav off they said that don't be surprise if removing the cat doesn't produce any significant power. The header on the Mav and commander are poorly designed so if you add a good intake, bigger TB, and a good header you should get some nice bolt on power with the Mav.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Has anyone heard anymore about this lately?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I called them last week and the lady act like she had no ideal when it would be ready. I ask her to make a estimate and she said wasnt close enough to ready to even say.

·
Registered
252 Posts
7 months of R&D it better be amazing

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I'd rather see 7 months of r&d than a shitty product hitting the market. Yoshi makes some nice stuff, and usually perfom as advertised. You can count on one thing for sure...they wont be cheap. Quality never is.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
There were a couple racer's using this pipe at the WORC'S race at Pala a couple weeks ago. They sounded awesome and the racer we talked to said he loved it. I think it was a Murray bros racer.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
No comment made regarding belt change.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I'm assuming they had to remove part of the exhaust based on the comments in this thread so was curious how they felt about removing a high temp piece of pipe.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Well usually racer's change it before they race and if it breaks its over anyways. But the recreational riders would hate it because of changing it on the trail or dunes would suck.

·
Registered
252 Posts
If it sounds good and looks good and they actually see good gains from it I could look past the belt change issue.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I'm so use to a few minute belt change on my skidoos. The stock removal steps are pain in the ass enough not going to top it off with a pipe removal. Hopefully Yoshimura gets creative with the pipe.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I hear ya, I can change a belt on my snowmobiles in less than 3 minutes with no tools...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If it sounds good and looks good and they actually see good gains from it I could look past the belt change issue.
The muzzy sounds AWESOME and no issue with the belt.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts