Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
491 Posts
Why do you suggest 15's? On my trucks I always go for the more tire over more wheel.

Also, I still cannot find any 15's in 6+1 anywhere. any suggestions?
I recommend 15’s because there’s more tires available, more clearance between caliper and wheel, and they look better IMO. I would go with 5+1 if you can’t find 6+1. That’s what I did and have had no feedback issues as it retains stock geometry.
I say to remove scrapers as I caught a rock in mine, even with 15’s, and blew a hole through my rim.

·
Official Site Vendor
8,566 Posts
Thank you, I have been having a hard time finding 6+1's. ( in any size )
Here is a bunch of them in 14 and 15": We should have what you want. The first post is a search for wheels so the URL title will be misleading.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Where did you find 6+1's ? I'm having a hard time finding anything with that offset other than the STI's HD9's I posted.
I think what you found is the only one I have seen. I personally would run a 5+1, which KMC, Raceline and others have plenty of wheels to choose from.

Reactions: Jacksquatch

·
Registered
Triple Black Smart Shox
13 Posts
Black Rhino makes a set of beadlocks that are a 6+1 offset, pretty good load rating as well. They have a ton of different offsets in both 14,15" for this set.

...maybe i should've read a little closer too, post some photos once they get in!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Most of the 5+2 offsets are at 38mm. Stock 6+1 is 50mm. So your talking only 12mm difference per wheel, which is less than 1/2 inch per side. So your widening your track by less than an inch if you go with a 5+2 (38mm) No biggie if you have your suspension set up right. Chances are that you'll still be at 72" or less track width.

·
Registered
12 Posts
14 give you more side wall thus better ride and better handling, 35 “ again more side wall and better handling in turns ,, also very little difference in execration and torque verses 32”.

I have a 2020 X3 RS RR 2 seater.

I do not want to go wider than stock and get piss poor steering feedback and whatnot.

is 6+1 the closest thing to stock? ( so many conflicting things out there, tried to measure mine but the front and back are diff and hard to measure with them on the rig ). If I had to guess by my crap measurements the front's are probably between 5+2 and 6+1. Clearance is already pretty tight on the back so will 6+1 fit all around?

I'm thinking of these + another one for spare. I want the same size all around + a spare.

it says something about maybe having to mod or remove the mud wipers?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts