Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2020 X3 RS RR 2 seater.

I do not want to go wider than stock and get piss poor steering feedback and whatnot.

is 6+1 the closest thing to stock? ( so many conflicting things out there, tried to measure mine but the front and back are diff and hard to measure with them on the rig ). If I had to guess by my crap measurements the front's are probably between 5+2 and 6+1. Clearance is already pretty tight on the back so will 6+1 fit all around?

I'm thinking of these + another one for spare. I want the same size all around + a spare.

it says something about maybe having to mod or remove the mud wipers?

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
477 Posts
I have a 2020 X3 RS RR 2 seater.

I do not want to go wider than stock and get piss poor steering feedback and whatnot.

is 6+1 the closest thing to stock? ( so many conflicting things out there, tried to measure mine but the front and back are diff and hard to measure with them on the rig ). If I had to guess by my crap measurements the front's are probably between 5+2 and 6+1. Clearance is already pretty tight on the back so will 6+1 fit all around?

I'm thinking of these + another one for spare. I want the same size all around + a spare.

it says something about maybe having to mod or remove the mud wipers?

Why buy 14" wheels instead of 15", seams like a real waste of money to me. Are you doing this just for looks?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why buy 14" wheels instead of 15", seams like a real waste of money to me. Are you doing this just for looks?
I don't know? what size is stock? and that has nothing to do with the question I asked.

I just want the same size wheels
and tires all around, plus a spare. and closest to stock. is that 6+1? 14"

·
Premium Member
13,611 Posts
6+1 is stock offset. You could go 15" wheels, you'll have more choices, or Stay with 14", less choices. Yes, you should remove the wheel scrapers on either wheel, IMO. Better wheels out there than those too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6+1 is stock offset. You could go 15" wheels, you'll have more choices, or Stay with 14", less choices. Yes, you should remove the wheel scrapers on either wheel, IMO. Better wheels out there than those too.
Thank you, I have been having a hard time finding 6+1's. ( in any size )

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
477 Posts
Thank you, I have been having a hard time finding 6+1's. ( in any size )
I have both 15x5 5-0 offset Method 401R with 33x10x15 Tensor DSR and 15x6 38mm offset Metal FX Hitman with 33x10x15 System 3 XTR370 and both are an amazing combo. Better than stock sizing for my usage.

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
489 Posts
I have both 15x5 5-0 offset Method 401R with 33x10x15 Tensor DSR and 15x6 38mm offset Metal FX Hitman with 33x10x15 System 3 XTR370 and both are an amazing combo. Better than stock sizing for my usage.
Have you done any clutching with the 33 DSR’s?

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
477 Posts
Have you done any clutching with the 33 DSR’s?
I did the Evo 3R tune and the ST-235 clutch kit all at the same time so I can't say what stock will do with them. I'm sure an RR machine will be fine with the 33" DSR as with the method 401R the weight was 59 lbs.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Thanks. If I decide to go 33’s on my next set I’ll be looking at clutching.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,024 Posts
You can go up to 5/2 no problem. But 15" rims is the way to go 100% no doubt about it.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
6+1 offset or a 5+1 offset will keep your steering like stock. You can get away with 5+2, but you will be wider than 72" and you will feel some steering wheel feedback. I ran a 5+2 off-set for thousands of miles. I switched to a 6+1 and it was much better.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I recommend you go 15’s 100%. Also recommend you pull the mud scrapers regardless of which size you go with.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I recommend you go 15’s 100%. Also recommend you pull the mud scrapers regardless of which size you go with.
Why do you suggest 15's? On my trucks I always go for the more tire over more wheel.

Also, I still cannot find any 15's in 6+1 anywhere. any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
You go 15 because you reduce the chance of rocks getting jammed inside rear 14" rims and destroying things by over 90%. Along with removing the wheel scrapers.

Nothing wrong with 5/2 1000's of us do it. And it probobly won't make you too wide. By the time you set the ride height properly the car will go less than 72'. So 5/2 will pretty much just put you back to 72 again.

15"👍

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
In daylight I can take pics of the inside of my 14" wheels which are gouged to hell from rocks.

Not a single scratch on my 15's on over 2000 miles.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
6+1 offset or a 5+1 offset will keep your steering like stock. You can get away with 5+2, but you will be wider than 72" and you will feel some steering wheel feedback. I ran a 5+2 off-set for thousands of miles. I switched to a 6+1 and it was much better.
Where did you find 6+1's ? I'm having a hard time finding anything with that offset other than the STI's HD9's I posted.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You go 15 because you reduce the chance of rocks getting jammed inside rear 14" rims and destroying things by over 90%. Along with removing the wheel scrapers.

Nothing wrong with 5/2 1000's of us do it. And it probobly won't make you too wide. By the time you set the ride height properly the car will go less than 72'. So 5/2 will pretty much just put you back to 72 again.

15"👍
Thank you makes sense, yea its tight in there on the stock ones.

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
477 Posts
Why do you suggest 15's? On my trucks I always go for the more tire over more wheel.

Also, I still cannot find any 15's in 6+1 anywhere. any suggestions?
Man you are way overthinking this. Don't get stuck on just one way to do this. We aren't doing rubber band type shit here. Call a solid vendor like Craig at pro UTV parts and he will get you on the right path. It really isn't this difficult.
When you need paddles please read, read and than read the 123,000 posts on the subject.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man you are way overthinking this. Don't get stuck on just one way to do this. We aren't doing rubber band type shit here. Call a solid vendor like Craig at pro UTV parts and he will get you on the right path. It really isn't this difficult.
When you need paddles please read, read and than read the 123,000 posts on the subject.
Not overthinking it your the one that told me 14's are a waste of money with no explanation to why everyone else has been helpful.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts