Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I gave up trying to find time to work, and ride and mod the xxc. So I am giving a pile of money to Alex at CT to make it better next week.
Suspension upgrades, Factory UTV skid (after I destroyed the stock one), new slightly taller tires, and harness bars to make things safer. Can't wait to try it out!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Keep us updated, very interested, I have an XXc also, I love it other than the low clearance. I'll probably invest in a new skid too. I'm waiting to see what Alex can do with the shocks, I'm pretty happy with the ride already, but if he can work his magic for a decent price, I might do that upgrade also. I've already installed his front stiffeners and tie rods and haven't had a problem yet, with some pretty good hits I might add. Let us know

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I'm doing the shocks on this so I should have something within a month for the XXC guys. Looking like springs and revalve will be in the $800 area for those interested.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dropped it off.... the Doc Reed has it now.... Now hoping it quits raining soon so I can give the suspension a good work out when I get it back!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had to run up to the operating room (errr race shop) today to drop off some parts I forgot to bring.... it is in the middle of corrective surgery.... parts that are done look good! Forgot to take pictures. Maybe Alex will take some progress shots if he has time. His shop is full so maybe not!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Always fun to get upgrades!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it back ! Now if only the weather is decent this weekend so I can try it out. Alex drove it around his test track to show me how the suspension handles so much better. I can hardly wait to try out my cloud of titties ride ! !
Sits higher so I have more ground clearance, so hopefully I won't be banging on the underside parts nearly as much! Pictures this weekend if everything works out.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
It rides unbelievably well, I didn't think I was going to get that good of a ride out of it and still keep it from bottoming on the jumps

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah! The ride is great....especially if you can get some speed on the tight trails around here. Most small and medium bumps disappear.... under the cloud of ....

Did not take it on a track but there were a lot of water bars on the trails and some made good jumps.... much better than stock.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thinking about dropping my shocks off for Alex to work his magic. Are the dual rates keeping ride height ? I think my stock springs sag every time I ride.

Reactions: Pacheco

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry but I never measured them. I did mess up the soft ride when I put the SuperAtv lift kit on. It made it much more firm. But the clearance is MUCH better now. Heading up to CAW shortly to give it a work out!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wonder if he can keep the plush ride with the lift kit if he knew you were putting the kit on before he revalved the shocks ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Would the lighter springs sag more defeating the lift ?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I might have to break into the piggy bank again... missing the boobies ride.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm gonna have to wait a while for the boobies ride. Pulled the trigger on an enclosed trailer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts