Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got em mounted up today! They fit great no rubbing at all. These are actually lighter than the 33" terms that they sell.

Had to do the old bucket test too! LOL

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
holy moly, do u have the sport low mod switch, aftermarket clutch, tie rods & front gusset kit ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at tie rods right now, not sure which brand to buy yet. I have seen a couple upgrades out there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. The ride is surprisingly very good still. I wont be doing any fast riding here, trails are too tight and mostly mud riding with quads. I am the only SxS in the group.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looks cool, but that is a lot of extra rotational mass and leverage on the drive line and clutch. Di you already upgrade the clutch?

Myron

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Ride is looking nice!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Damn, thats nice. Would look better if you had a lift on it. lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn, thats nice. Would look better if you had a lift on it. lol
Thanks guys, yes, airdam clutch is going in tomorrow.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm curious to see how this holds up. 34s are a hell of alot for the drive train, not to mention Terminators are naturally a heavy mud tire. However I love the way it looks!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
TERM -34/10/15 Item Weight: 48.00 lbs.

TERM -33/10/15 Item Weight: 49.00 lbs.

TERM -29.5/10/14 Item Weight: 46.00 lbs

TERM -29.5/12/14 Item Weight: 54.00 lbs. !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
The weight is only half the equation... The extra diameter is putting more of a load the drive train than a tire of the stock size that weighs several lbs more. what happens when your struggle to break a big nut or bolt loose? you grab a longer bar!.. Same effect on a tire... Don't get me wrong, it looks killer, but what are the effects gonna be when you get it into the mud?. Something is gonna give prematurely unless the machine is way over built, and I doubt that being were seeing all these clutch problems.

Again, it looks awesome, I'm just pointing out the technical aspects of the deal..
Myron

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So far so good, I do understand the concerns though that you are stating above. I am a very conservative rider and while we enjoy mud riding, I take very very good care of my machines and over maintain them. I am not like some guys you see on YouTube holding their machines wide open in the mud just to make it through. With these tires and ground clearance, it pretty much just walks through. The Airdam clutch is set up for smooth, low speed power, so there really isnt a need to be more aggressive with it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So far so good, I do understand the concerns though that you are stating above. I am a very conservative rider and while we enjoy mud riding, I take very very good care of my machines and over maintain them. I am not like some guys you see on YouTube holding their machines wide open in the mud just to make it through. With these tires and ground clearance, it pretty much just walks through. The Airdam clutch is set up for smooth, low speed power, so there really isnt a need to be more aggressive with it.
That all sounded good, until I read SportLow Override Switch in your Signature :cool2:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts