Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke my factory Xrs axle at the outer stub and let the wheel loose and tore up the brakes. My question is would an upgraded aftermarket axle for my xrs be stronger , or the larger and stronger xds turbo stub shaft and hub? I'm thinking the turbo parts because the metal is stronger and haven't seen turbos loosing rear wheels . Thanks for any input .

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Turbos are much better. We sell a kit to convert the XRS to the XDS outers. We have them on the shelf right now. $225 a rear corner for everything needed to swap it over.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would I do if I ever grenaded the whole axle? Could I purchase a xds turbo rear axle , or have to buy a xrs and mod it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you need to upgrade both sides at the same time? I had my hub come loose which in return allowed the hub splines and axle splines become smooth as a babies bottom. I am looking at replacing the entire axle but this sounds like a better option if it works.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Have to - no, since you are only changing the outer and the hub. But it's a good idea to, as one side will now be weaker. Also some new "stuff" to fix this should be on the market any day now.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Any hints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sort of - but gentlemans NDA here - seen pictures and got info. Parts were going to anodizing (so there is some aluminum involved) - maybe this week. 3 different solutions from great to bad azzed.

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
It's a floater kit, about $1500 to change the rear spindle amd hub assembly out. They're very nice

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's a floater kit, about $1500 to change the rear spindle amd hub assembly out. They're very nice

Any hints

Sort of - but gentlemans NDA here - seen pictures and got info. Parts were going to anodizing (so there is some aluminum involved) - maybe this week. 3 different solutions from great to bad azzed.
Hopefully we see them earlier rather than later, time to start planning for spring riding!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Turbos are much better. We sell a kit to convert the XRS to the XDS outers. We have them on the shelf right now. $225 a rear corner for everything needed to swap it over.

I called today to find out about this kit, but they sales gal told me you don't offer these anymore? I am confused, nonetheless did this kit include the outer cv joint , and hub for the XDS? Is the brake rotor the same size between models?

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
All of the 2016 models have the larger "xds" outers now. You can install and 2016 axle and hub and have the stronger stuff

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Are the 2015 xds outer cv diff from the 2016 xds outer cv ? because I ordered the 2015 xds cvs. And they sent 2016 xds cv outers they look identical just different part number???

·
Registered
545 Posts
Here we are.
Pr2 racing is manufacturing and now selling these.
They offer 2 great options - one is a full aluminum hub for both the 27mm NA and 30mm turbo models.
Second is a full float set up - new outer spindle, taper roller bearing, and outer hub.
Ordering mine this week.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Not knocking it but for that price could you not just go with turner level 2 race mod axles and eliminate said problem and have much stronger axles?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.