Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I don't race but in looking at the pictures of GNCC rides and reading all the good information on suspension setup form this forum, I'm kinda lost on what should be my first adjustment. Alot of people are changing the rebound and compression which I haven't tried yet.

I ride trails only and I find that the stock suspension is very stiff and with the back bucking from time to time. I would be ok losing some clearance especially if it means more stability. The reason I mentioned GNCC is that they must have the preload set to much softer to lower the center of gravity and soften the suspension.

Would anyone be able to provide some insight on how they achieve this without getting too soft and having to deal with body roll? Or should I just stick to the rebound/compression as a first step?

I saw that some of you have lowered your suspension 1 to 1.5 inch, so I would appreciate your feedback. Should I lower the front and back equally or one more than the other?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You need to PM Areed on here and he can set you up.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Open up the compression all the way and close the rebound all the way. Start there and report back. If that doesn't work we can talk about other options and what others including myself are doing.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I told you he was the "THE GUY"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information. I will do that setup as a starting point. I wasn't sure if that would soften the suspension.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Crazycooter put the rear sprins in the front and the front springs on the rear and that seemed to help. Shoot him a message for a full report.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have the springs swapped front to rear.

Both front compression adjusters all the way out/rebound all the way in. Rear low speed compression all the way in/high speed on turn in/rebound all the way in.

Still needs work from the professionals in my opinion, but it is the best it has even been....beat on it 200 miles this weekend.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Mine seems harsh and choppy with rebound all in and both compression screws out.
After riding washed out trails at slow to medium speeds. When i went faster it smoothed out but i dont always ride that fast.
How can i make it more plush for slower speeds? Should i leave reboud alone and turn in compressions?

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Mine seems harsh and choppy with rebound all in and both compression screws out.
After riding washed out trails at slow to medium speeds. When i went faster it smoothed out but i dont always ride that fast.
How can i make it more plush for slower speeds? Should i leave reboud alone and turn in compressions?
You're looking for more than what the factory shocks are capable of giving. My shock will be ran in the next GNCC race so I can give you some feedback

1 - 10 of 10 Posts