Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used 2015 XRS DPS with really low miles & a bunch of accessories...I've only had it out for a few hours but the suspension is pretty stiff, so looking to soften it up if I can. I've been reading through every shock adjustment thread I can find (& i've got the manual to reference as well)...everything I see, including the manual, states the 2015 XRS has low & high speed compression & rebound adjust...but I do not see any rebound adjust on the shocks at all & I only see low a speed compression adjust. Is that perhaps a misprint for that model year or am I just crazy?

I don't see a way to turn the high speed compression CCW without literally un-screwing the whole thing (which at one point shock oil will come out). The manual says a 17mm but mine are a 16mm nut & it's one piece...not like two separate pieces in the manual.

I've had various ATV's & SxS's over the years but have never really tried tuning the shocks (as the ones I've had didn't have anything other than preload adjustments).

Any help would be appreciated.

Manual photo:
Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 11.30.46 PM.png

My shock:
IMG_3797.JPG

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's weird. Take a pic of the bottom, and post. If you have high / low speed compression, you should have rebound.
I don't have high & low speed compression either...just one compression adjustment (the center one...the outer one just unscrews & will fall right out after leaking oil).

It's almost like I have the XRS with shocks from something else on them...but I'll post a pic of the bottoms of the shocks when I get home tonight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts