Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any issues with the spring rubbing the shock body and oil leaking from the rebound adjustment screw?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
welcome to the forum.......I would guess the only way this could/would occur is if the pre load on the shock is backed off too far...and I haven't seen any oil leaking from the rebound either.....how many miles are on it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brand new- Broke it in at Glamis. Started with Areed's settings and adjusted as I went- rebound all the way in, and backed off one click and compression all the way out. This is a new one for me, never seen the spring contact the shock body like this; rubbed a flat spot. haven't had a Fox shock seep oil like this either.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
any chance you can post some pictures.....sounds like either the coil spring is too loose or it is bent and rubbing on the shock body. I would definitely take it to the dealer for a warranty claim on the shock. Is the shock shaft bent by chance???

·
Registered
410 Posts
Is it a Max? Has it been rolled/laid on its side?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Anyone have any issues with the spring rubbing the shock body and oil leaking from the rebound adjustment screw?
There's a o ring that goes around the metering rod which is what controls the.rebound adjustment. If it's leaking it's a o ring problem in the shock shaft. Warranty that pig out.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Is it a Max? Has it been rolled/laid on its side?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Not a max. It would have a tender spring above the main spring on a rear shock.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yea, that is a non-Max rear shock. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that looks like a rock was wedged in there and chewed it up and eventually flew out before you noticed it.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, that is a non-Max rear shock. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that looks like a rock was wedged in there and chewed it up and eventually flew out before you noticed it.....
The spring was rubbing the shock body, the spring has a bend to it. It's getting dropped off at the dealer today, we'll see how that goes.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
The good thing is as of two weeks ago shocks where readily available so you shouldn't too much down time in getting another one on there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The good thing is as of two weeks ago shocks where readily available so you shouldn't too much down time in getting another one on there.
Just hope the dealership will actually replace it, didn't have the best of luck with warranty work on my commander....

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
If you have shitty service at that dealership then go to another. They should take care of that

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
awesome...glad they are taking care of you...

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I also had the issue with the spring contacting the shock body. I was about to load it on a trailer and take it to the dealer when I saw what the problem was.

The plastic cup on the bottom of the shock spring was not seated correctly and caused a misalignment between the shock and spring.

I just moved it and it popped into place.

I wasn't sure if it was BRP fault or if while riding the spring some how became unseated.

Wasn't that bad of a flat spot on the shock and I wasn't going to argue with dealer about how it happen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts