Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
That was FUN to watch! Nice video and great job driving. I like the strategy of covering with mud first to protect the paint! I just bought a gated shifter that really helps move from low to reverse without having to look down at the shifter. Perfect for a ride like this. Boy, I really thought we lost you going down that rock cliff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good stuff!!!

Reactions: Michael McMuddy

·
Registered
979 Posts
I can sum that trail up in two words
HELL NO!!
Great video and awesome to see what my car is capable of (even though i would never try something like that cause i would cry like a baby when i got home and looked at my plastics )
Great driving

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Damn son, that’s some nice driving! Not my kind of riding for sure...I feel safer at 50mph on the trails through the woods of west va than I would doing that trail! Nicely done sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mud hides the scratches from previous trips. lol
Damn son, that’s some nice driving! Not my kind of riding for sure...I feel safer at 50mph on the trails through the woods of west va than I would doing that trail! Nicely done sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks, but the truth is
XRC, 30K
UPGRADES, 3K
A good spotter, priceless

·
Registered
524 Posts
"Things I will never do to my Can Am for $500 please Alex."

Nice work... Quote of the clip - "Your Cage is Rubbin".... It's more like "Your EVERYTHING is Rubbin". ;)

I was yelling at the screen the entire time as my heart hurt for your car. A talent I will never have,,, and a hobby I will never attempt. No judgement,,, just not my bag.

Thanks for sharing, fun (if painful) to watch.(y)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Things I will never do to my Can Am for $500 please Alex."

Nice work... Quote of the clip - "Your Cage is Rubbin".... It's more like "Your EVERYTHING is Rubbin". ;)

I was yelling at the screen the entire time as my heart hurt for your car. A talent I will never have,,, and a hobby I will never attempt. No judgement,,, just not my bag.

Thanks for sharing, fun (if painful) to watch.(y)
It's not for everyone. But it's what it's made for. Still gotta wash it but so far I only found a dime sized place on the cage where the paint was "rubbed" off.

·
Registered
524 Posts
But it's what it's made for.
I agree,,,,,,,,,,,,, still hurts my heart a little tho. Mine is a sand queen, so WTH do I know?

I'm sure others feel the same way about the sand that I do about the rocks. Different strokes and all.

Impressive to see what the car can get up and over,,, well, your car anyway.(y)

·
Registered
979 Posts
I thought the right rear fender rubbed the rock pretty good, and im pretty sure a little tear rolled down my cheek, im still upset about the quarter size scuff i got from a branch that i know will buff out.
I would love to try that, just not in my car, same goes for swamp riding and short course racing. I have a blast doing what we do, but if i wasnt so prissy about my rig i bet i could have even more fun

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree,,,,,,,,,,,,, still hurts my heart a little tho. Mine is a sand queen, so WTH do I know?

I'm sure others feel the same way about the sand that I do about the rocks. Different strokes and all.

Impressive to see what the car can get up and over,,, well, your car anyway.(y)
That's what makes these rides so great. They are very versatile and can do alot of things on a high level. I hope to visit the dunes one day. The closest I got was a small sandy area at the Badlands in Indiana.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought the right rear fender rubbed the rock pretty good, and im pretty sure a little tear rolled down my cheek, im still upset about the quarter size scuff i got from a branch that i know will buff out.
I would love to try that, just not in my car, same goes for swamp riding and short course racing. I have a blast doing what we do, but if i wasnt so prissy about my rig i bet i could have even more fun
I did the Adrenalin Motorsports mod to the rear fender flares before I put them on so they flex quite a bit without ripping the fasteners out of the fender. Looks in good shape but is still covered in mud. Too cold to wash right now.

·
Registered
2020 X3 Rc Turbo RR
6 Posts
Sweet! Kudos to you and your spotter. Nice to see a similar X3 tackle trails like that. Stuff like that you have to have a spotter that you trust. (learned from my Jeep days) Well done to both of you. Hope to make it out that way and attempt that sometime.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts