Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
That reminds me...when that guy Tripp is talking about switching to Can-Am...saying these Mavericks...not everyone can have them. You got to have some good credit here, like 680...or whatever...bust out laughing. He seems to be one hell of a funny guy. Madman11 or something is the channel...I'm sure you've all seen it. Funny stuff.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ok ok, is this the part where we start fighting bout what hp is and how to explain torque.
Ripper needs to go buy a Power Wheels n get on there forum. As a matter a fact I have a slightly use Pink Jeep PowerWheels Rip can have I'll even ship it.:crazy:

·
Registered
22 Posts
That reminds me...when that guy Tripp is talking about switching to Can-Am...saying these Mavericks...not everyone can have them. You got to have some good credit here, like 680...or whatever...bust out laughing. He seems to be one hell of a funny guy. Madman11 or something is the channel...I'm sure you've all seen it. Funny stuff.
Tripp is a funny dude....too bad he went with the xp1k :thumbdown:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Alright, had to find it...funny stuff...and worth watching if you haven't.
Yea, he is hillarious but also fearless.....he abuses that Maverick and it keeps on ticking!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yea, he is hillarious but also fearless.....he abuses that Maverick and it keeps on ticking!

Then if he went with the XP1K, he'll be back shortly cuz that POS won't last long.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yep!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Every day I change my mind on what I'm going to buy...XP1K or Maverick. I have a list made up of pros & cons for both and they are still neck and neck. I've seen the XP1K for $18,600 and the lowest I have seen the white XRS with DPS is $17600. After adding a clutch, tie rods, and sport low, the Maverick will cost more than the XP. And that's not even including tires since I want 30" Bighorns, which the XP basically already has. Other mods (roof, winch, bumpers, etc) I would have to buy for either one so I don't count them.

Right now the XP appears to be having a few issues. Most of the initial problems from the first run look like they have been resolved but now they have bending shocks. Someone mentioned they now have a new part # for the shaft so that may be resolved soon.

Every couple years there will be a new latest and greatest but Polaris seems to stay a step ahead. The Maverick hasn't been out too long and Polaris just upped the ante quite a bit. More power, significantly more suspension travel, etc...I don't think Can Am will be coming out with anything to top it for a while. Really how much more can they get out the Rotax? Its already ~1000ccs with pretty high compression.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Buy the XP1K you seem to be like the others, you want to pick at the Maverick for things you perceive as short comings and then over look the XP1K short comings. You do not have to buy a clutch, how many problems do you see on the 14's, tie rods aren't as weak as people make them seem but yes I would replace, sport low is great, not a must have. The xp needs lower link up graded, reverse chain is a weak link but I guess that gets to be over looked, tie rods aren't to beefy on xp either, etc.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
Why do we even respond to this stuff guys? All your doing is giving him the satisfaction of someone to argue with from his mom's laptop in her basement! He posted every reason why the xp1 was better in his mind in his very first post, do you think your gonna sway him? And who cares!? If everyone buys a can am they will start to suck too, we need people on both sides to keep pushing the manufacturers. Stop taking the bait and let them buy whatever the f&#k they want. This dudes mind was made up long ago, he probably has 10 rough drafts of his first post, and all he's doing is poking at us to ruffle feathers, he doesn't care what any of you think.

Read everything troll before you $hit out of your mouth :yawn:

I usually ignore responses like yours, but you are a perfect example of what a troll does. You skim through forums, read what you want to, try and bully new members on here with your ignorance. I'll tell you right now, keep your $hit opinions to yourself. I could care less what your crappy opinion is. I've read a few of your post and your god at attacking people. Keep up the good work... Keep your misery in Safford, AZ where it belongs.

Dumb... Ass...

For the rest who have generously responded and who have not trolled my post here, I am in fact seriously considering purchasing the maverick over the rzr regardless power difference. I've done some more reading and long story short; regardless of the wonderful warranty Polaris has, I'm not in a hurry to be driving a 20G vehicle to have something break on me 20 miles out in BFE.

Does anyone have a video or 2 of a Mav with a turbo kit?

Thanks to the folk who have responded maturely.
Much respect,
RiP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dumb... Ass...

Read everything before you $hit out of your mouth :yawn:

For the rest who have generously responded and who have not trolled my post here, I am in fact seriously considering purchasing the maverick over the rzr regardless power difference. I've done some more reading and long story short; regardless of the wonderful warranty Polaris has, I'm not in a hurry to be driving a 20G vehicle to have something break on me 20 miles out in BFE.

Thanks to the folk who have responded maturely.
Much respect,
RiP

Oh.." Thanks to the folks who responded generously...." But u start ur post with Dumb......Ass......read everything b4 s---ing out ur mouth..

Wow.....people like u are the reason Obama got elected, the reason y I have to pay for ur health care.(I'm saying ur not very intelligent) Have some pride n remove ur self from this forum come back with a different name because u started out wrong bro. Better yet, Run up to ur dealer buy that xp n start jiggling some balls over on their forum.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Buy the XP1K you seem to be like the others, you want to pick at the Maverick for things you perceive as short comings and then over look the XP1K short comings. You do not have to buy a clutch, how many problems do you see on the 14's, tie rods aren't as weak as people make them seem but yes I would replace, sport low is great, not a must have. The xp needs lower link up graded, reverse chain is a weak link but I guess that gets to be over looked, tie rods aren't to beefy on xp either, etc.
That's my issue with many Can Am owners. You think anything other than a Can Am is crap and anyone not on a Can Am is an idiot.

I didn't point out my whole list of pros/cons for either. All I mentioned was what would have to be replaced right off the bat for me and my style of riding. I've seen quite a few Mavericks being towed back to camp from a blown belt or limping back with a bent tie rod. I'd rather spend the $$ on the clutch and tie rods right off the bat than have a ride or two ended and hundreds of dollars in other parts fail because of something I should have replaced. Also sport low is a must for me. Probably 80% of my riding is in low. Why the hell would I spend 20k on a 100+hp machine that wont give me that power? May as well save 10k and buy a Rhino.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've owned both and been towed home in both. Does that settle anything?

There are Polaris guys and Can Am guys that are so brand loyal and stubborn that neither of them could swallow their pride long enough to honestly say which is the best machine.

I drive a 2012 900 XP right now and love it, but I'm sure I'd love the Maverick or the XP1k if the wallet could take the beating necessary to keep up with the Jones'. So I'm gonna ride the hell out of my 23k (including accessories) POS and when either Can Am or Polaris come out with the 120 hp model I should be ready to buy again. Happy trails mudderfockers!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Oh.." Thanks to the folks who responded generously...." But u start ur post with Dumb......Ass......read everything b4 s---ing out ur mouth..

Wow.....people like u are the reason Obama got elected, the reason y I have to pay for ur health care.(I'm saying ur not very intelligent) Have some pride n remove ur self from this forum come back with a different name because u started out wrong bro. Better yet, Run up to ur dealer buy that xp n start jiggling some balls over on their forum.
Bro? I'm not your "Bro", I don't even know you. So you say I should leave, re-register with a new name? Thats real intelligence? That's what trolls do, so no thanks. I don't give a $hit about my reputation. I'm here to learn a few things, possibly purchase a Maverick "Which is why I'm here" and I'm gone. Once I have whatever ride I go with I'll be posting in forums that much less :kiss:

I might pop in a while for an issue I want some advice on or for some upgrade. Reputation... Pfft... You think you know people? There are those who just don't give a $hit.

Cheers!
RiP

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I've owned both and been towed home in both. Does that settle anything?

There are Polaris guys and Can Am guys that are so brand loyal and stubborn that neither of them could swallow their pride long enough to honestly say which is the best machine.

I drive a 2012 900 XP right now and love it, but I'm sure I'd love the Maverick or the XP1k if the wallet could take the beating necessary to keep up with the Jones'. So I'm gonna ride the hell out of my 23k (including accessories) POS and when either Can Am or Polaris come out with the 120 hp model I should be ready to buy again. Happy trails mudderfockers!!
Perhaps I should be talking to you. Mature and unbiased!

:saint:

RiP

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Don't forget to consider the new SxS by Burrati! This thread is getting to serious... it's Friday! How about a laugh!!!

Nate
Alba Racing
Horse Bridle Action figure Plant Horse tack

·
Registered
255 Posts
WOW!!!!! Thats 8 minutes of my life gone forever!

I own a Maverick because I am me. Different than everyone else. I do what I want to and not what a bunch of other people tell me I should do. I certainly dont come onto a forum with an attitude. If I am looking for advice, i simply ask the question and respect the answer. Being an internet tough guy is someone else's job.

I did a lot of research "behind the scenes" befor making my Maverick purchase as I was a former Polaris owner/dealer. Once my mind was made up I BECAME A FULL TIME MEMBER HERE. My decision to Ride Can Am was my own.

Be careful what you're fishing for in this pond of life... What you catch may not feed you well.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Bro? I'm not your "Bro", I don't even know you. So you say I should leave, re-register with a new name? Thats real intelligence? That's what trolls do, so no thanks. I don't give a $hit about my reputation. I'm here to learn a few things, possibly purchase a Maverick "Which is why I'm here" and I'm gone. Once I have whatever ride I go with I'll be posting in forums that much less :kiss:

I might pop in a while for an issue I want some advice on or for some upgrade. Reputation... Pfft... You think you know people? There are those who just don't give a $hit.

Cheers!
RiP
I am sure that attitude has served you well thru your life but it comes across as very self centered. Just a thought, but maybe you should consider making a contribution by sharing information instead of just coming on here to get information. We all need to compromise our approach to life daily in order to get along with others in society. If a person says they can't or wont do that, then they are an ignorant A-hole.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If I am looking for advice, i simply ask the question and respect the answer.
Exactly. Don't ask for advice and then argue with the answer.

41 - 60 of 101 Posts