Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
jackripper I would just read both forums closely make sure u know what ur reading

go sit in both machines and look them both over real good and u decide on your own your a big boy , lol

let us know what u find out ,

theres tons of lil shit wrong with pooplaris 1000 like allways - the maverick has 2 minor down falls and the clutch isn't a big deal , and the 50 dollar tie rods need swapped out ,

·
Registered
698 Posts
This is where you are way way off . These machines were notate for the asphalt . Can am out torques this xp 1000 so how bout you watch a race where you are in the elements where they were made to be driven . That easy . You wanna role some sand lets do this

QUOTE=Ripper;51494]I'm sure this title is getting old for some. But if your going to read, read it all.

Just to let it be known, I am unbiased towards either company and believe both have their strengths and weaknesses. I hear a lot of people on both forums, $hitting on each side of the other persons fence, to show who's polished turd is bigger, better, faster, quicker, sexier bla bla bla...

With that said, this is the cleanest stock machine race I could find where either one machine didn't have a crap driver or different gas or whatever. It didn't have some toothless ******* counting to 3 in the other vehicle and hitting the gas at 2, it's on pavement which shows me a clean race obstacle free where your relying purely on vehicle performance. It didn't have a vehicle starting on a downhill giving a heavier vehicle a takeoff advantage etc etc.
Weight of driver, amount of gas, tires etc. are irrelevant with this amount of lead... If it had been a few feet all of that would matter. But this is several lengths.

You can watch several videos that seem really fair here:

I read in another post a member in here saying "What does that prove". We'll it shows a lot in my eyes especially in a straight away when it's been known the rzr's shine the best is actually in/on obstacles, tight turns and hills are in play.

I keep hearing "The Mav is thousands cheaper! I can drop a turbo in'er with the extra money and smoke the rzr!"... We'll no it's really not. A new one cost $18,299 unless you want the power steering and than your paying $18,799. The new XP1K is $19,999 "Which comes with power steering" which is hardly the difference in cost for a good $5000 tuned turbo. Anyways, can we leave turbo and all aftermarket out of it. Someone can always dump more $$$ in to make their car go faster.

ALL said it just seems rzr is a step ahead of the Mav in just about every category. Even when I called Burt's Megamall in Cali and asked just that, he said and I quote "There's a reason we sell 10 rzr's to every Mav, it's the best we have and people want the best".

We'll I want the best to... When I see stock vehicles like these with one very clearly way ahead of the other it's a no brainer... Someone said in response to this video "The Mav driver isn't flooring it". There's always someone with a conspiracy no matter what.

In closing, I do not own a sport model SxS yet and I am weeks away from calling BMM in Cali to order one of these bad boys. So I thought I would shout out here in the Mav forum and see if anyone could chime in.

Good things I've heard about the maverick is that it's slightly better stock overall and a tad bit more dependable. I do know it's much 'sexier' in and out, but I'm looking for more than that. I could care less what it looks like so long as I'm in the front. Weather I'm driving a Mav or a rzr I could care less so long as whatever I decide to purchase here in the near future isn't eating the dust from another.

With all of that said, I'm looking for some intel.

What say you?

Much respect,
RiP[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
this is the best vid so far I heard a lot about others and problems and leaving diff times and this and that

Reactions: wickedcummins

·
Registered
698 Posts
You are as dumb as you sound if your gonna spend that much on a maverick xrs . I got mine for 14,299 . Go back to the other forum where you are problem welcome

I'm sure this title is getting old for some. But if your going to read, read it

Just to let it be known, I am unbiased towards either company and believe both have their strengths and weaknesses. I hear a lot of people on both forums, $hitting on each side of the other persons fence, to show who's polished turd is bigger, better, faster, quicker, sexier bla bla bla...

With that said, this is the cleanest stock machine race I could find where either one machine didn't have a crap driver or different gas or whatever. It didn't have some toothless ******* counting to 3 in the other vehicle and hitting the gas at 2, it's on pavement which shows me a clean race obstacle free where your relying purely on vehicle performance. It didn't have a vehicle starting on a downhill giving a heavier vehicle a takeoff advantage etc etc.
Weight of driver, amount of gas, tires etc. are irrelevant with this amount of lead... If it had been a few feet all of that would matter. But this is several lengths.

I read in another post a member in here saying "What does that prove". We'll it shows a lot in my eyes especially in a straight away when it's been known the rzr's shine the best is actually in/on obstacles, tight turns and hills are in play.

I keep hearing "The Mav is thousands cheaper! I can drop a turbo in'er with the extra money and smoke the rzr!"... We'll no it's really not. A new one cost $18,299 unless you want the power steering and than your paying $18,799. The new XP1K is $19,999 "Which comes with power steering" which is hardly the difference in cost for a good $5000 tuned turbo. Anyways, can we leave turbo and all aftermarket out of it. Someone can always dump more $$$ in to make their car go faster.

ALL said it just seems rzr is a step ahead of the Mav in just about every category. Even when I called Burt's Megamall in Cali and asked just that, he said and I quote "There's a reason we sell 10 rzr's to every Mav, it's the best we have and people want the best".

We'll I want the best to... When I see stock vehicles like these with one very clearly way ahead of the other it's a no brainer... Someone said in response to this video "The Mav driver isn't flooring it". There's always someone with a conspiracy no matter what.

In closing, I do not own a sport model SxS yet and I am weeks away from calling BMM in Cali to order one of these bad boys. So I thought I would shout out here in the Mav forum and see if anyone could chime in.

Good things I've heard about the maverick is that it's slightly better stock overall and a tad bit more dependable. I do know it's much 'sexier' in and out, but I'm looking for more than that. I could care less what it looks like so long as I'm in the front. Weather I'm driving a Mav or a rzr I could care less so long as whatever I decide to purchase here in the near future isn't eating the dust from another.

What say you?

Much respect,
RiP

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
see the issue is not who inches out in front for me. I could care in the least if popo beat mav by a few feet or a mile, which it don't by the way, I would not own one again. reliability, form, fit and function, comfort and appearance has maverick the best all day long and gaining ground on sxs sales every month.

2009 Polaris out sold canam 12 to1
early 2013 only 5 to 1, estimated to be 3-4 to 1 after this year. incredible gains being made by canam, and many were past popo owners!! its about all the above reasons, not just speed. give it 2-3 more years and canam will be even or passing Polaris sxs sales. I can see canam out selling popo sxs's by late this decade easily

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
see the issue is not who inches out in front for me. I could care in the least if popo beat mav by a few feet or a mile, which it don't by the way, I would not own one again. reliability, form, fit and function, comfort and appearance has maverick the best all day long and gaining ground on sxs sales every month.

2009 Polaris out sold canam 12 to1
early 2013 only 5 to 1, estimated to be 3-4 to 1 after this year. incredible gains being made by canam, and many were past popo owners!! its about all the above reasons, not just speed. give it 2-3 more years and canam will be even or passing Polaris sxs sales. I can see canam out selling popo sxs's by late this decade easily
as much as I want to agree with you. Polaris outsold the competition by 12 to 1 in 2009 and by 5 to 1 in 2013. This includes all makes and models of SXS's. But the majority of the market swing is by Can Am.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Does the speed by car lengths, buses, football fields really matter??? Are you going to be racing yourself or your buddy's? Go look at them side by side and choose. I got a SMOKIN DEAL on my 2014 Maverick-$15,800 delivered back in July. So yes a lot cheaper than the RZR and it's what I wanted. Majority of the Sheep/People will go buy what is popular like the RZR, and of course Bert's sales a lot. It's up to you make a decision and be happy with it. They way the SXS market is you will never be on top lol. So just be happy and go ride.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
None of this really matters when you get down to it. If you look at a video I posted a while back, my Maverick is much faster than another Maverick...could be ones faster than mine. Nor do we know how they are maintained or treated. Even with the XP1K being faster, very few of us know how to utilize that power...nor would we need to. Pick whatever you want....go get a Honda Odyssey for crying out loud....drive it and have fun. This is a recreational sport....it is not Can-Am's sport, Polaris's sport...we are in it together. No one here will fault you if you buy the Polaris, and you'll likely have a great time. There is no one perfect UTV or we'd all own it and the rest would be out of business. :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Why do we even respond to this stuff guys? All your doing is giving him the satisfaction of someone to argue with from his mom's laptop in her basement! He posted every reason why the xp1 was better in his mind in his very first post, do you think your gonna sway him? And who cares!? If everyone buys a can am they will start to suck too, we need people on both sides to keep pushing the manufacturers. Stop taking the bait and let them buy whatever the f&#k they want. This dudes mind was made up long ago, he probably has 10 rough drafts of his first post, and all he's doing is poking at us to ruffle feathers, he doesn't care what any of you think.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Damn it!! Just saw the other thread about exactly what I just posted, there I go poppin off again! :p

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Damn it!! Just saw the other thread about exactly what I just posted, there I go poppin off again! :p
Haha…I did the same thing :sad:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
None of this really matters when you get down to it. If you look at a video I posted a while back, my Maverick is much faster than another Maverick...could be ones faster than mine. Nor do we know how they are maintained or treated. Even with the XP1K being faster, very few of us know how to utilize that power...nor would we need to. Pick whatever you want....go get a Honda Odyssey for crying out loud....drive it and have fun. This is a recreational sport....it is not Can-Am's sport, Polaris's sport...we are in it together. No one here will fault you if you buy the Polaris, and you'll likely have a great time. There is no one perfect UTV or we'd all own it and the rest would be out of business. :)

photo.JPG

Reactions: Driller77

·
Registered
806 Posts
I just want to know where someone tried to sell you a stock Mav for 18,900. Whoever it is, don't buy from them, they are screwing you. I bought the very first one in my state so there was no budging on price. I paid 17,000 with doors, windshield, and front and rear bumpers.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm sure this title is getting old for some. But if your going to read, read it all.

What say you?

Much respect,
RiP
............Ford outsells Porsche.Does that make them the best,don't think so.

21 - 40 of 101 Posts