Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this title is getting old for some. But if your going to read, read it all.

Just to let it be known, I am unbiased towards either company and believe both have their strengths and weaknesses. I hear a lot of people on both forums, $hitting on each side of the other persons fence, to show who's polished turd is bigger, better, faster, quicker, sexier bla bla bla...

With that said, this is the cleanest stock machine race I could find where either one machine didn't have a crap driver or different gas or whatever. It didn't have some toothless redneck counting to 3 in the other vehicle and hitting the gas at 2, it's on pavement which shows me a clean race obstacle free where your relying purely on vehicle performance. It didn't have a vehicle starting on a downhill giving a heavier vehicle a takeoff advantage etc etc.
Weight of driver, amount of gas, tires etc. are irrelevant with this amount of lead... If it had been a few feet all of that would matter. But this is several lengths.

You can watch several videos that seem really fair here:

I read in another post a member in here saying "What does that prove". We'll it shows a lot in my eyes especially in a straight away when it's been known the rzr's shine the best is actually in/on obstacles, tight turns and hills are in play.

I keep hearing "The Mav is thousands cheaper! I can drop a turbo in'er with the extra money and smoke the rzr!"... We'll no it's really not. A new one cost $18,299 unless you want the power steering and than your paying $18,799. The new XP1K is $19,999 "Which comes with power steering" which is hardly the difference in cost for a good $5000 tuned turbo. Anyways, can we leave turbo and all aftermarket out of it. Someone can always dump more $$$ in to make their car go faster.

ALL said it just seems rzr is a step ahead of the Mav in just about every category. Even when I called Burt's Megamall in Cali and asked just that, he said and I quote "There's a reason we sell 10 rzr's to every Mav, it's the best we have and people want the best".

We'll I want the best to... When I see stock vehicles like these with one very clearly way ahead of the other it's a no brainer... Someone said in response to this video "The Mav driver isn't flooring it". There's always someone with a conspiracy no matter what.

In closing, I do not own a sport model SxS yet and I am weeks away from calling BMM in Cali to order one of these bad boys. So I thought I would shout out here in the Mav forum and see if anyone could chime in.

Good things I've heard about the maverick is that it's slightly better stock overall and a tad bit more dependable. I do know it's much 'sexier' in and out, but I'm looking for more than that. I could care less what it looks like so long as I'm in the front. Weather I'm driving a Mav or a rzr I could care less so long as whatever I decide to purchase here in the near future isn't eating the dust from another.

With all of that said, I'm looking for some intel.

What say you?

Much respect,
RiP

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've owned polaris and can am. So far the can am has not broken. My rzr had a rod come outa the block in two places. The front diff blew. The clutch blew. The bushings were replaced every 500 miles.it spent every third week in the shop the life of it. Had two buddies buy 13 900's both had to have motors. The list goes on. Good luck with your decision....

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
What say I? I say there is already a looong thread on this with plenty of opinion already. Why start a new thread on the same exact thing? I'll just second everything I posted in the other thread.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
I guess these videos are all fake lmao and the xp1000 has had more production problems then any other model sxs ever produced What are they up to now 36 pages of xp1000 problems lol It's a badass looking machine for sure but its built with crap parts. That's why I wouldn't own one I tow to many popo home every weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
446 Posts
I had a Polaris rzrs before I bought my maverick. It was constantly changing wheel bearings and bushings. Squeaked all the time. Just seemed like every time I rode it something would break or need replaced cause of wear. I changed front wheels bearings with Polaris bearings and front bushings from extreme metal products. Not even 200 miles later both bearings has a good amount of play and bottom A arms the bushings was pretty much wore out. I'm not really hard on my toys but I do ride them! I have had my maverick out several times now and can honestly say nothing has broken and the ride and power is no comparison to a rzr.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I've owned polaris and can am. So far the can am has not broken. My rzr had a rod come outa the block in two places. The front diff blew. The clutch blew. The bushings were replaced every 500 miles.it spent every third week in the shop the life of it. Had two buddies buy 13 900's both had to have motors. The list goes on. Good luck with your decision....
WOW... Really?

Am I missing something? One video I watched shows a crap driver in a rzr leading a Mav the hole race.
The other video looks dark and rainy and I can't see anything that would give proof.
The last video seems fairest but seems to be a Polaris video for sure especially the hill climb in the last part.

I had a Polaris rzrs before I bought my maverick. It was constantly changing wheel bearings and bushings. Squeaked all the time. Just seemed like every time I rode it something would break or need replaced cause of wear. I changed front wheels bearings with Polaris bearings and front bushings from extreme metal products. Not even 200 miles later both bearings has a good amount of play and bottom A arms the bushings was pretty much wore out. I'm not really hard on my toys but I do ride them! I have had my maverick out several times now and can honestly say nothing has broken and the ride and power is no comparison to a rzr.
Seems Polaris has a lot of issues with their SxS's breaking without stronger aftermarket parts added that should already be part of the vehicle. Seems the Mav is a stronger stock vehicle.

More please! I need some SOLID evidence other than "I owned both and I drove my RZR down the road and the tires fell off and the engine blew up". Seems very, very over exaggerated... Pictures and videos do not lie.

Thanks all,
RiP

·
Registered
121 Posts
Here is my 2 cents..... Its called evolution.....yes u may be "infront" for a little while with a xp1k but for u to stay "infront" u would have to get the newest thing out every 6-8 months...first polaris came out then can am countered then polaris countered and next will be can am thats how it goes and if being "infront" is all u care bout then u will always be trading in for the next newest more powerful thing....me personally i go for power but also value comfort and dependability...the mavericks first year had a little problem areas but can am seemed to have corrected those on the newer models...ie..clutch,ps,qe....but dont worry if i see u out on the trail in your polaris ill stop and give u a tow back to camp...lol:smile:

·
Registered
477 Posts
More please! I need some SOLID evidence other than "I owned both and I drove my RZR down the road and the tires fell off and the engine blew up". Seems very, very over exaggerated... Pictures and videos do not lie.

Ha ha ... Nothing like experience make your decision . Buy what you like and ride it like you stole it. I've had a SXS since 07 so it was easier for me to make an educated decision. Like I said good luck and enjoy whatever you buy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What say I? I say there is already a looong thread on this with plenty of opinion already. Why start a new thread on the same exact thing? I'll just second everything I posted in the other thread.
This is my thread with my questions. Could care less about other threads and I hate digging around.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Sound to me like you need to do some reading and educate yourself. The rzr leading the mav in that race had already been passed several times by the mav. That vid shows the xp getting its lunch eaten. It wasnt pulling away. Would you had rather watched a video with an open field cause thats what it would have looked like with the mav in front. Sounds like a troll to me.:haha:

Reactions: Jsmith

·
Registered
93 Posts
Since when does anyone one have to prove something to you? Go buy a XP1k you seem set on it. I will take fit and finish and rotax over the others all day.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Ok, here's my take. Buy what you want......AND RIDE THE DAMN THING. Period. I like vanilla, and you like chocolate. Whats the difference?

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
WOW... Really?

Those videos just prove that the video you posted is bs my three videos show that there neck to neck in a race not 6 to 7 car like your bs video and there is SOLID EVIDENCE there built like crap just read all the posts on the rzr forum about motors smoking and bushing and bearings wearing out in 500 miles trans chains threw the cases axles bending ect ect.....

Am I missing something? One video I watched shows a crap driver in a rzr leading a Mav the hole race.
The other video looks dark and rainy and I can't see anything that would give proof.
The last video seems fairest but seems to be a Polaris video for sure especially the hill climb in the last part.

Seems Polaris has a lot of issues with their SxS's breaking without stronger aftermarket parts added that should already be part of the vehicle. Seems the Mav is a stronger stock vehicle.

Thanks all,
RiP
Those videos just prove that the video you posted is bs my three videos show that there neck to neck in a race not 6 to 7 car like your bs video and there is SOLID EVIDENCE there built like crap just read all the posts on the rzr forum about motors smoking and bushing and bearings wearing out in 500 miles trans chains threw the cases axles bending ect ect.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is my 2 cents..... Its called evolution.....yes u may be "infront" for a little while with a xp1k but for u to stay "infront" u would have to get the newest thing out every 6-8 months...first polaris came out then can am countered then polaris countered and next will be can am thats how it goes and if being "infront" is all u care bout then u will always be trading in for the next newest more powerful thing....me personally i go for power but also value comfort and dependability...the mavericks first year had a little problem areas but can am seemed to have corrected those on the newer models...ie..clutch,ps,qe....but dont worry if i see u out on the trail in your polaris ill stop and give u a tow back to camp...lol:smile:
Haha I love it. Evolving of course. I'll be super pissed I break down somewhere in BFE. So of great importance is a mean durable SOB.

Keep it coming please!
Cheers,
RiP

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
See, this is what I want to hear "I think". In Polaris defense that was on the sand. The hill climb in the end wasn't even close though. I suppose lighter is better for that though. Seems these rides are close enough power wise that a better determination would be looking into which vehicle is more dependable.

Please don't toss apples at me just yet. I'm not biased at all. I'm here to learn some and to help this multi-thousand dollar decision.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts