1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
998 Posts
I wouldnt call it a waste but i just cant figure the popo guys out. At first they said 90" wheelbase was too long but now that the rzr1k is 90" its perfect, they said throttle by wire was a joke and no one would like it but now the rzr1k has it and its really smooth and a nice feature. That same guy put a measure tape on it and the actual width at the rear was 67.5"

·
Registered
806 Posts
Bwahaha. He got beat by a girl and a 900.

Reactions: Driller77

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
J smith. I posted a vid in December of my wife beating my commander in our new maverick. It could have been a vette and it still would have sucked. Truly hurts to be beaten by the wife!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
J smith. I posted a vid in December of my wife beating my commander in our new maverick. It could have been a vette and it still would have sucked. Truly hurts to be beaten by the wife!!
I wonder how many excuses he had. " She kept leavin before I dropped my hand." "My foot slipped off the gas" hahahaha

·
Registered
713 Posts
Tell me Polaris isn't pissed about this video:) I on the other hand am stoked about this video!!

If this is how close it is I am pretty sure my clutched mav will hang with this XP1000.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Well in defense a BIT...she didn't look massive by any stretch and the guy clearly had some beef behind him. 100 plus pound swing I'd bet. And I doubt the 1000 is broken in, won't it get a bit stronger as it breaks in? But yeah, I expected a much bigger difference.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Here is a quote from the guy who made the video.......

*********************************************************************************************
Re: XP1000 Ride Review and pics. Got it yesterday!
I am having problems uploading the drag race video. I am going to try again before I go to bed and let it upload over night. Here's the verdict:

I hate to burst everyones bubble, but the XP900 and XP1000 are a dead heat. We only got to race twice before we were forced to shut it down. Also, we only raced maybe 150 yards. My daughter (120 pounds) drove the XP900 and I (200 pounds) drove the XP1000. The XP900 seems to launch harder where as the XP1000 comes on softer. I only have about 2 hours of light driving on the XP1000. I must say, I am slightly disappointed, as I am sure a lot of you are by reading this. I will get the video up as soon as my internet allows me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And it's followed up by this post which makes complete sense.

I figured this would be the case since Polaris never released a comparison video like can am did.

I sure hope the leg room is tremendous more the the maverick or ive wasted money because I almost got the maverick. Guess the maverick is faster however the leg room is what is important to me.

But man I could have gotten a mav much cheaper lol.

No clue why Polaris would release a machine that is no faster than the 900
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
806 Posts
Bwahahahahahaha. Love it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah I just watched this video on the UG and think our Mav's will be faster, especially if there clutched. My bone stock Mav beat a stock XP 900 3 times by at least 3 lengths. Now that I have the QSC & STM, I bet it will be 5 lengths in the same 300'. However, the conspiracy theorist in me says maybe this is a set up.

Reactions: SwerveOffRoad

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Here is a quote from the guy who made the video.......

*********************************************************************************************
Re: XP1000 Ride Review and pics. Got it yesterday!
I am having problems uploading the drag race video. I am going to try again before I go to bed and let it upload over night. Here's the verdict:

I hate to burst everyones bubble, but the XP900 and XP1000 are a dead heat. We only got to race twice before we were forced to shut it down. Also, we only raced maybe 150 yards. My daughter (120 pounds) drove the XP900 and I (200 pounds) drove the XP1000. The XP900 seems to launch harder where as the XP1000 comes on softer. I only have about 2 hours of light driving on the XP1000. I must say, I am slightly disappointed, as I am sure a lot of you are by reading this. I will get the video up as soon as my internet allows me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And it's followed up by this post which makes complete sense.

I figured this would be the case since Polaris never released a comparison video like can am did.

I sure hope the leg room is tremendous more the the maverick or ive wasted money because I almost got the maverick. Guess the maverick is faster however the leg room is what is important to me.

But man I could have gotten a mav much cheaper lol.

No clue why Polaris would release a machine that is no faster than the 900
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ummm yea....street racing in a residential area....wonder why you got "shut down". You can see the angry neighbor in the video...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Ummm yea....street racing in a residential area....wonder why you got "shut down". You can see the angry neighbor in the video...
Well, You can tell he is a bad decision maker,,,, He owns two poopoo's. I crack myself up.

Reactions: SwerveOffRoad

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Actually if both Rzr's had stock exhaust system's, there crying neighbors should just shut their doors if they dont like hearing sewing machine's running down the street. They must call the cops when a Harley rides down the street.

Reactions: maverickmn

·
Registered
684 Posts
We don't have anything to worry about. I have driven the rzr1k, and it wasn't a lot different then the mav. I am happy with my purchase, especially the price.
I posted that the rzr seemed to have more power than my mav but the comparison was flawed because I was running the mav in 2wd with paddles, and the rzr was in 4wd with dirt tires.
We need to wait for true comparison vids of the mav and rzr, with both having similair setups.
I don't think there will be that much difference.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Oh the poor poopoo kool aid drinkers, lots of disappointed folks over there on the rzr forum. That thing has the absolute stupidest looking steering wheel ive ever seen.

Reactions: Henry427

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Actually if both Rzr's had stock exhaust system's, there crying neighbors should just shut their doors if they dont like hearing sewing machine's run down the street. They must call the cops when a Harley rides down the street.
Just not a smart thing to do....a small child could have walked out in front of them. It is stuff like this that gives the sport a bad rap!

1 - 20 of 144 Posts