Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a little video of the suspension differences on the XP900 and the XP1000. There is also a few races in the dirt at the end. Both 2wd and 4wd. Enjoy.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Nice job on the video.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Thanks for the video. Great job

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
nice job...thanks for posting it....

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ya thx for the videos u do a great job and there worth watching !

·
Registered
94 Posts
Great video! the 1000 is clearly better in both categories. Has anybody heard anything about the limited slip front diff the 1000 supposedly has? Wonder how that works if it's true?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Great video! the 1000 is clearly better in both categories. Has anybody heard anything about the limited slip front diff the 1000 supposedly has? Wonder how that works if it's true?
theres videos of it somewhere in action - front diff-

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Here's a little video of the suspension differences on the XP900 and the XP1000. There is also a few races in the dirt at the end. Both 2wd and 4wd. Enjoy.

Looks like your out in the plaster city area?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
he lives in Yuma I think he said

·
Registered
197 Posts
The XP1000 front diff is exactly the same as the XP900 front diff, only larger. They operate the same way, hilliard overrun engagement.

Not sure why there seems to be confusion on this.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I gotta say...(brace for impact) that the XP1K is really a pretty damn solid machine from video appearances. I can't speak to fit and finish, quality, and we don't know if they have their own demons like the Mav...but it's an impressive machine. I pulled my deposit on the one I put money down on because I don't think the price point is warranted and dealers in my area won't budge off sticker, I do like it though. Marlboroman you clearly are doing just fine, could you please go buy a Wildcat X and a Maverick and make more videos for us to watch? LOL We'd all appreciate it. You do a heck of a nice job...great info. :smile:

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
I'm not sure that the XP1000 is all that much better. The video stated that the 900 had Fox RC2 shocks on it which mean it has rebound adjustment. The 900 was on the verge of packing up and the shocks have been modified and the rebound much slower than stock. I was expecting with Wildcat like numbers that the 1000 was going to be a different ball game but clearly it's not.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Hard to tell if the suspension is that much better. At least with the xp1000 you are starting with a very good shock and can get it revalved for your riding. Much cheaper than having to replace the shocks, like you have to on the xp900.

Seems the rear in the XP1000 wants to buck in the rear.

I still think the Wildcat will provide a smoother ride.

Either way it is still a nice machine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hard to tell if the suspension is that much better. At least with the xp1000 you are starting with a very good shock and can get it revalved for your riding. Much cheaper than having to replace the shocks, like you have to on the xp900.

Seems the rear in the XP1000 wants to buck in the rear.

I still think the Wildcat will provide a smoother ride.

Either way it is still a nice machine.
Sorry for the de-rail. But can we re-valve the Fox 2.5 shocks in the X-RS or are they like the XP900? I used to re-valve shocks in my MX days and even the cheap factory shocks could be re-valved.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sorry for the de-rail. But can we re-valve the Fox 2.5 shocks in the X-RS or are they like the XP900? I used to re-valve shocks in my MX days and even the cheap factory shocks could be re-valved.
Yes and they are suppost to work much better after revalving

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I revalved mine myself. I removed the two largest compression shims on both the front and rear. It's almost where it should be now.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I revalved mine myself. I removed the two largest compression shims on both the front and rear. It's almost where it should be now.
Did that soften your compression up?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Did that soften your compression up?
Of course. It takes the big hits and jumps like stock, but it's WAAAY smoother in the whoops. My head doesn't look like a boble head anymore! I did just the rear first, and that showed how stiff the front was. So I then did the front.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the quick reply. I am going to contact Race Tec and see if they have a gold valve kit for these shocks.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Contact a.reed or FCr suspension, FCR does the suspension for the factory can am gncc guys and a.reed also runs a race series and tunes his own suspension and does a real good job with it .. Either way it'll make a big difference

1 - 20 of 31 Posts