Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There must have been quite a few members at the dunes for thanksgiving.....Any feedback on racing the XP1 and XP1 4's up the hill? I know......the ones that still had belts and didn't burn to the ground.....Couldn't Resist.....

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
lol !

uh oh don't let the Polaris god fjk see this lol :)

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
The XP1 isn't the big dog at Glamis. The XPs are faster because most of them are modified. 2 weeks I raced a few mod XPs down the drags and during a few a couple of XP1 got in the mix and the XP always beat them. At China Wall I watched a few struggle getting up but 1 had no problem making it. He probably had the right tires and pressure. A Maverick correctly equipped will not have any issues with a XP1. Now you will need to watch out for Turbo XP and try to get a cheat start and beat him to 70 mphs to have any chance with a good running turbo XP and pull the Ole Ricky Bobby move...lol I raced many XPs (mod) and a few xp1 up olds when they would even line up and beat them easily. I watch Sand Shark pull a couple of XP and 1 XP1 by 8 lengths up olds and he started 5 lengths behind. I would love to see more Mavs knock the smirk off the PoPo owners face down the drag or up Olds...lol

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
The XP1 isn't the big dog at Glamis. The XPs are faster because most of them are modified. 2 weeks I raced a few mod XPs down the drags and during a few a couple of XP1 got in the mix and the XP always beat them. At China Wall I watched a few struggle getting up but 1 had no problem making it. He probably had the right tires and pressure. A Maverick correctly equipped will not have any issues with a XP1. Now you will need to watch out for Turbo XP and try to get a cheat start and beat him to 70 mphs to have any chance with a good running turbo XP and pull the Ole Ricky Bobby move...lol I raced many XPs (mod) and a few xp1 up olds when they would even line up and beat them easily. I watch Sand Shark pull a couple of XP and 1 XP1 by 8 lengths up olds and he started 5 lengths behind. I would love to see more Mavs not the smirk off the PoPo owners face down the drag or up Olds...lol

yup, the old get in front of him and make him eat a little sand will slow him down.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
yup, the old get in front of him and make him eat a little sand will slow him down.
I see you have pull that move a couple of times yourself...lol Glad to see your car is dialed in and now you can open a can of whoop ass on some of these PoPo owners..see you in 2 weeks

·
Registered
459 Posts
I want videos!!!!

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
A classsic move that some unnamed guy (USA) did to me going up olds while I was in my Rhino. Saw it coming and was laughing.

The XP1000 four seater is not overly impressive up Olds. That is a lot of weight to push up the hill. The few 1000s I did see go up did not seem like they were moving very fast. Could be the owners are scared to put their foot into them, paddle combo - who knows. The 900s seemed to move a little quicker up the hill.

Reactions: so-ill1980

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
A classsic move that some unnamed guy (USA) did to me going up olds while I was in my Rhino. Saw it coming and was laughing.

The XP1000 four seater is not overly impressive up Olds. That is a lot of weight to push up the hill. The few 1000s I did see go up did not seem like they were moving very fast. Could be the owners are scared to put their foot into them, paddle combo - who knows. The 900s seemed to move a little quicker up the hill.
I did the ricky bobby move to some poor po po would be wolf at Olds...as he was waiting for Nate to run up the hill and chase him down n pass him...I chased him down passed him and sand blasted him as I pull pass n in front of him ...he laughed n gave me the thumbs up...video? I will bring my camera crew on the 13th

Reactions: Tomcat

·
Registered
57 Posts
Glad to hear the maverick is doing ok in the dunes. I'm curious though if any one saw how the maverick maxs we're doing? Any with belt issues? Do you guys start in low or high when going up olds? Have never been with my new 14 max. Been doing a lot of O'Wells driving 1st half of the season.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
I never run anywhere in low in Glamis

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
I saw a few max going up olds and they moved fine. Never saw one in the dunes. There were not that many out there.

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
Glad to hear the maverick is doing ok in the dunes. I'm curious though if any one saw how the maverick maxs we're doing? Any with belt issues? Do you guys start in low or high when going up olds? Have never been with my new 14 max. Been doing a lot of O'Wells driving 1st half of the season.
I rode with the CanAm group from vendors through Olds to the drags. Quite a few max's and they we not any slower. No belt issues on them, one 2 seat xrs with heavy paddles did blow a belt. It was the driver, he blew one the night before in the same car then another belt in a max the next day.

Dont need low gear in glamis unless you are loading it in the trailer.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I saw a few max going olds and they moved fine. Never saw one in the dunes
we had 3 Maxes in Glamis for T Day and we ran the shit out of them and no problems at all. We all upgraded the tie rods, and 2 of us run without clutch covers ( cover cut in half) clutches run cooler and belts live to see another dune trip. I gave Todd at the Can Am trailer a few stock tie rods to give out to anyone who needs one and he gave me 2 Belts for spares. lol. Not sure I will ever need them since I have 500 miles on my car now all at Glamis in 3 trips out with no failures.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Oh I forgot to mention that we could not find a XP1000 4 seater to race with all weekend. We finally found one and he would never line up. lol.
I got a race at the drags against a guy who honked his horn at me to race and he was by himself in a Xp900 and I had my Daughter with me and we pulled him from start to finish by 4 cars or more , I could see him back there in my rear view mirror. He wasn't expecting that Ass whoopin.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Oh I forgot to mention that we could not find a XP1000 4 seater to race with all weekend. We finally found one and he would never line up. lol.
I got a race at the drags against a guy who honked his horn at me to race and he was by himself in a Xp900 and I had my Daughter with me and we pulled him from start to finish by 4 cars or more , I could see him back there in my rear view mirror. He wasn't expecting that Ass whoopin.
Ass whoopin in glamis delivered upon the po po...music to my ears....they got conversations about how they never saw any po po getting beat by a can ham...must be blind or broke.. I hope I don't get banned for stating the cold hard truth.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Youtube
maverick 1000 vs xp1000 choke cherry
Filter this week
well, here you are again showing your ignorance. I bet you cant tell whats wrong with the video. because your a moron!

Reactions: Benzo

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I was on the same group ride as Mega, and was behind a Max for a good part of the ride. The only thing I noticed was it wanted to slide a little more when side hilling. Other than that...they ran just as good as our 2 seaters.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Youtube
maverick 1000 vs xp1000 choke cherry
Filter this week
were you there? I have a friend who said he was there when this was recorded and said the Maverick was only using 2WD and had stock clutching and could only get to about 7300 rpms. He said the XP1K was in 4WD which you can see in the video. Stock Mavericks make it over the top all the time at Choke Cherry so there is some truth to what he was saying about the Maverick.....still impressive for anything stock with stock rites to go over the top.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts