Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
welcome and like reed said WOW - ur an awesome fellow sxs'er ! lol

all the others come over to talk crap lol
Whats the point in that? Never had any trouble getting along with anyone no matter what they rode. In fact made some really good friends riding. Want to get to know someone go burry your ride see who helps you get it out! I know I always help others. I can say though as many as ive seen with big lifts, ive never seen a mav actually In the mud. Lol mine will probably be the same the old brute is payed for if I want to tare something up, and I have a dragged out yfz if I want to race so the xp probably wont see much of that either. Its going to be my drink and watch ride lol. Well probably the wifes drink and watch ride, im not real good at just watching.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Whats the point in that? Never had any trouble getting along with anyone no matter what they rode. In fact made some really good friends riding. Want to get to know someone go burry your ride see who helps you get it out! I know I always help others. I can say though as many as ive seen with big lifts, ive never seen a mav actually In the mud. Lol mine will probably be the same the old brute is payed for if I want to tare something up, and I have a dragged out yfz if I want to race so the xp probably wont see much of that either. Its going to be my drink and watch ride lol. Well probably the wifes drink and watch ride, im not real good at just watching.
right on man u guys will have a blast in it either way thats for sure,

we had a few guys including a kitty kat owner come over and just talk worthless crap , so were just shocked ur a nice guy , lol :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
right on man u guys will have a blast in it either way thats for sure,

we had a few guys including a kitty kat owner come over and just talk worthless crap , so were just shocked ur a nice guy , lol :)
Its all good, watching the video again, as close as the kitty stays even with the hp disadvantages, they did the right thing letting an aftermarket company build the clutch.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Funny how when the race is fair and the mav dont have a few hundred pounds extra weight on it like the former videos the results come out diffrent. But the rzr kool aid drinking fanboys just thought it was an excuse. Morons. Hey rzr boys, how you like them apples?:haha:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Its all good, watching the video again, as close as the kitty stays even with the hp disadvantages, they did the right thing letting an aftermarket company build the clutch.
ya the kitty does come with a teams industries clutch which does put the power down , like If u watched the stm clutched mav vs stock clutch mav - video on this thread somewhere, lol, the stm pulls over 3-4 cars on a stock one, ! so that's good thing for the mav guys , we will see good gains from a good clutch like Polaris and kitty already have , lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Funny how when the race is fair and the mav dont have a few hundred pounds extra weight on it like the former videos the results come out diffrent. But the rzr kool aid drinking fanboys just thought it was an excuse. Morons. Hey rzr boys, how you like them apples?:haha:
Lol, tell us how you really feel?
Seriously though,what did you see in this vid that some of the rest of us missed? They all had good points, but I didn't see a single thing to put one on a pedestal over the other two.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
1/4 mile sand drag photo finish lol

Land vehicle All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Sand Natural environment

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
OK……so I had my opinions of each of these machines based on my own research but didn't think it was fair to pass judgement until i rode all 3 of them. Well I did today…..

XP1000
I got to demo an XP1000 and it was very disappointing overall. First thing I noticed was the cockpit layout was not very practical and the seat bottom was about 2" too short…felt like I was sliding out of it. My knee hit the door frame and the other touched the console panel. The steering column felt flimsy and had a lot of flex in it. Then I fired it up and actually drove it….I will say it had good power but didn't seem to be any more than what my Maverick has….it cornered well and had good brakes and was OK in the woops. That is all of the positive I could find about it….with only 22hrs on it, I was already noticing rattles not just inside the cockpit but in the suspension. I could feel them in the steering wheel as well as the frame…..The roll cage pillar is in my field of view and the engine sounded like a goat with strep throat! The dealer didn't like it when i told him my thoughts as he thought I would be praising it and begging to buy one…he asked what I had and when I told him, he really had nothing to say and basically walked away.

2012 Wildcat
I will first say that I know this isn't quite fair since this was a 2012 Wildcat and there has been some big improvements in the 13' Wildcat X to make it more competitive. It also had close to 1100 miles on it. So with that said, I did like the interior layout better than the XP1K but not as much as the Maverick. I do like sitting lower in the cockpit though…. The first thing I noticed when I took off was the lack of power and acceleration compared to the other 2 machines….it just didn't have any balls….The suspension was marginally better in the high speed woops but worse everywhere else…it bottomed out several times in locations where the other 2 machines did not….It too was a literal rattle trap. It had some many squeaks an rattles I couldn't tell where they were all coming from. The glove box flew open on 2 landings and it felt like every pivot joint on it was loose…..

Regardless of the outcome of any race I will ever see again on here about the 3 top machines, i will never question my decision of buying the Maverick ever again. I was so utterly disappointed with the overall experience of the XP1K and the Wildcat, had the Maverick not existed, I may have never decided to purchase a SxS and would still be riding my quads…..I hopped back in my Maverick and it was like riding a Ferrari and a Cadillac all-in-one. Top notch power, top of it's class fit and finish, and top of it's class rider comfort and ridability…..Power is one thing, but there is more to a complete package than just power and the Maverick has it all. Whereas the others had power (XP) or suspension (Wildcat) but lacked severely in the other 2 categories by a landslide…..

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I thought I was the only one that felt the seats were too short and I felt like I was falling out. They were tight around my ribs too, not comfortable at all. Maybe im just too big for a rzr.:crazy:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I need to know how 25% less hp = this result ^^^^^ I might not be able to down talk the Kitty Cats if they actually break the 100 hp mark, probably pull on the rest by 7 lengths (like the XP1K was supposed to do, just sayin :)

The XP1K didn't seem to have the throttle pinned through the whoops as the Maverick did, am I the only one who noticed this?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I need to know how 25% less hp = this result ^^^^^ I might not be able to down talk the Kitty Cats if they actually break the 100 hp mark, probably pull on the rest by 7 lengths (like the XP1K was supposed to do, just sayin :)

The XP1K didn't seem to have the throttle pinned through the whoops as the Maverick did, am I the only one who noticed this?
The wildcat X has around 93HP so more like 8% less than the Mav and 16% to the XP….

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I thought I was the only one that felt the seats were too short and I felt like I was falling out. They were tight around my ribs too, not comfortable at all. Maybe im just too big for a rzr.:crazy:
I'm 6'2" and have a 33" inseam.

·
Registered
998 Posts
The wildcat X has around 93HP so more like 8% less than the Mav and 16% to the XP….
Wildcat x now has arguably the best clutch out of the bunch with its rapid response clutch from team. I'm still impressed a stock clutched maverick can keep up with the xp1k. Now I wished can am would pull out the dagger and release something truly revolutionary that no one has seen yet.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Wildcat x now has arguably the best clutch out of the bunch with its rapid response clutch from team. I'm still impressed a stock clutched maverick can keep up with the xp1k. Now I wished can am would pull out the dagger and release something truly revolutionary that no one has seen yet.
To me that would be a 5 speed gearbox and toss the CVT tranny all together….

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I would be satisfied with a two or three speed with paddle shift .. I feel like a 5 speed would require too much shifting ..
Yea…I guess baby steps :cool2:

Reactions: C.Moore
41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.