Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a comparison video of the top 3 sport machines our industry has to offer.
Disclaimer: This video was shot and edited by an amateur, all machines were driven by guys that work at dealers of the brand they were driving.
It was an awesome day!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Great video -- finally one that I believe we can all agree is reality!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Great video .. The rear suspension on the rzr xp looks like it is stupid stiff which resulted in some bucking in the rear .. Interesting that the mav was consistently faster in sand versus being out run on the pavement .. Clutched mavs should handle the xp1 easily just like I suspected the whole time

·
Registered
998 Posts
I still can't get over how stiff the rear suspension is on the rzr .. Damn it barely works lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have both, the XP seems to be my favorite all around

·
Registered
998 Posts
The xp should be the latest and greatest but with either brand you can't go wrong .. Pick your favorite color and be happy :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Atleast I don't have to hear the wildcat is faster than a mav anymore
yea me either. The Pussy Pissie Posse sure does have a complex problem when it comes to that stuff. You say anything bad or negative about a wildcat and they go off the deep end.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Here is a comparison video of the top 3 sport machines our industry has to offer.
Disclaimer: This video was shot and edited by an amateur, all machines were driven by guys that work at dealers of the brand they were driving.
It was an awesome day!

Thanks for the video. Out of all of the race videos this is about the only one worth watching. Are you going to do a rock climb video again as well?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I liked the hill video at the end that seems a bit more real world to me. Pavement drag racing (wet pavement seems especially unfair to all machines) and even flat sand drag racing not what I do. If you bought a UTV to drag race you chose poorly.
It will be fun to see the hill this winter with paddles on.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
looks like in a 300' and 1/4 mile sand race they are all pretty close. Where the XP seems to shine and the Maverick not far behind is on climbing the sand hills. In watching the suspension the XP needs some tweaking and the Maverick did well. Still think the Wildcat has the best suspension set up stock. Considering the wildcat is giving up 11 to 17hp on the other machines it did surprisingly better than I would of thought.

Nice video.

I think I would be happy when any of them.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Finally a real video

Did u guys notice the wild cat and xp1000 coming off the ground in the back goin over the woops and the maverick stayed planted haha nice

The maverick beat the xp1000 and wild cat thru the 1/4 Sand track

Case close ! Lol

·
Registered
791 Posts
The XP sure dominated the hill climb. It would be neat to see them race the same hill again both using 29" bighorns.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Great job on the video. It looks like you guys were fair and unbiased in your approach. You even let each model run on both sides of the track in the drags just to make sure one side wasn't a better line than the other. It definately looks like the Mav does better in the sand or dirt and not as good on the pavement when running against he XP1K. In the grand scheme of things, for almost all of us recreational riders they are all fairly close together and the slight difference will not matter. However,if your racing it where every 10th of a second counts then it will matter. This video shows the recreational buyer should buy what is most comfortable to them and fits within their budget. Then go have fun.

Reactions: sand shark

·
Registered
96 Posts
Have you put some big mud tires on it yet? Curious to see if they come with stronger axels than the 900's.
I put the outlaw 2's but they the same size as what came on it.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts