Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, I've heard the XMR is governed from the dealer just like the outlander xmr. Suspension drops to 3 and top speed is cut back. Is this true and is there a way around that?

I'm looking to buy a mav this spring and originally planned to get an XRS and buy an extra set of mud tires but it's looking like it might be more worth my while to get the XMR and buy a set of bighorns for when I'm trail bashing, which brings me to my other concern. Is that air ride suspension up to hard trail abuse.

·
Registered
367 Posts
If your air ride is set on the highest setting(6)...The air ride does drop your height to setting 5 after you reach 47 mph.
6 is a maximum ground clearance setting.

We've been hammering the whoops at setting 3 and 4 and it eats 'me up.
It actually rides better than I expected.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I ve hit 60 in the sand with 2 people on board and fully loaded.
Woody said he hit 70 on pavement so.....if it's got a governor on it I haven't found it yet

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We've been hammering the whoops at setting 3 and 4 and it eats 'me up.
It actually rides better than I expected.
That right there is something I needed to know. Thanks

I'm basically looking for a performance machine that I can swap the tires and play in the mud when I'm out with the mud crowd

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes I did see 70 on pavement ran out of road had to back of to turn however I have not confirmed speedo is right with the 30 inch tires will be doing that soon.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me know what you find. I'm more interested in performance then slingin mud, but have mud slingin friends so I'm quite interested in the numbers and how much I could be potentially sacrificing by going the XMR route.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've hit 75 on the spedo. That was on pavement with stock tires. it stopped there. Does great on the trails on 3or 4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts