Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just looking for tips and pics, built snorkels for quads just never done a sxs. I figure the more info and pics of routing pipes from guys who have done it the more time it will save me. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump. Biggest question is how does the Donaldson air box seal up? Guys been adding silicone? And how's everyone routing the belt exhaust that comes straight out the back in front of the mufflers? Everything else seems straight forward.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am wondering the same. for the riding I do I really need to get the belt exhaust and air intake up to the rear rack, I plan to run a 3" lift next year, if my butt gets wet its game over for me, that's my water depth limiter.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am running the SYATV kit, and its not a bad kit, but I dont like that the belt exhaust is reduced to 2", i moved my airbox back slightly and with a bit of stuffing around managed to make it 4" the whole way out.

I havent had my donaldson leak, but if i knew i was going to be spending extend periods under water then i would seal it up.

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a mud industries one still in the box in black and manta green that took forever to get and by the time I did it wouldn't fit with my storage box on the back. If someone wants it cheap let me know. BTW never deal with them but there is a whole thread on that.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I am running the SYATV kit, and its not a bad kit, but I dont like that the belt exhaust is reduced to 2", i moved my airbox back slightly and with a bit of stuffing around managed to make it 4" the whole way out.

I havent had my donaldson leak, but if i knew i was going to be spending extend periods under water then i would seal it up.
Any more pics of the front snorkel? Would it be possible to run it towards the back to avoid cutting the plastics? How's the belt temps with this kit? Thanks in advance!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts