Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace my Commander with a Maverick soon and was wondering how the xc works compared to the xrs.I ride the woods on logging roads and snowmobile trails most of the time.No deserts to ride in upper Michigan but would the xc with less suspension and the Fox 2.0 versus the 2.5s still be a big improvement in ride over my Commander?Also is the XRS actually any wider than a xp900 Polaris?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
it is a definite step up from the Commander....you will not be disappointed. Cant comment on the XP900

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Big difference is the width the xxc is 60 inches wide compared to the xrs 64 inches. Still cant get it on the 50 inch atv trails you will be restricted to the routes.Imho i would just get the xrs. Wider wheel base and more suspension travel. As you know most of michigan trails are sand anyways. Also i know u know you cant ride the snowmobile trails in michigan unless its marked mixed traffic or marked atv route. Dnr will get ya if you do. Rzr xp900 and maverick xrs are same width at 64 inches

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ya I would buy the XRS for sure better suspension and more travel , yup xp900 & maverick 64'' wide , the xxc , is for gncc racing , if u need a 50'' for trails u have the wild cat trail , and rzr

·
Registered
292 Posts
You could always get an polaris ACE.lol but really I would get the xrs. I only ride trails and haven't had any real issue's with the with and I'm 68" wide. Although the rzr guys I ride with do their best to find two trees that are 64.5" apart. Bottom line is it doesn't matter how narrow you are there is always some narrower.

Reactions: 03maxpower

·
Registered
38 Posts
xrs is the way to go. I ride the same trails here in northern Wisconsin. I step up from the 50" rzr and got the maverick and loved every minute since. I bottomed out all the time on the rzrs 9" clearance, now with the mav haven't bottomed out yet. Here they are allowed on any trail except for federal forest trails. Trying to get them to let use ride on the snowmobile trials but its got the 50" rule now. The xc and xrs r about the same price and with mine I can go anywhere a atv will go except between trees that r 63" or less.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree with the Xrs purchase for the same reasons as stated above

·
Registered
121 Posts
Can where you ride handle 64" width? In my case 64" is too wide for several trails and places I ride. I bought the XXC because that fit my riding requirements. So far I have not noticed the lack of travel with the way and places we ride. If you can do 64" then you need to ride the RZR 900 and the XRS and compare. When we first started looking the 60" XXC was not out yet. OUr options were between the Maverick XRS and the RZR 900 limited. We were planing on reducing the width to 60". In comparing the two, the cockpit and power were what sold us on the Can am. It was much more comfortable and seemed to have more interior room than the Polaris. More leg room for sure and the seats are much better.
The power of the Can am is a bit more noticeable vs the RZR 900 but not a huge difference for the type riding we do.
The Polaris 900 wins in the heat department. It is much cooler in the cockpit than the Can am if you compare stock vs stock.
The Polaris wins on the power modulation. Meaning you can ease into the throttle gradually for rock crawling slow type riding than you can on the Can am. Not a huge difference but something to consider. It was not a problem for us.
Accessories are much more plentiful for the Polaris vs the Can am. What do you expect? They sell way more units so they have more vendor support. This is getting a little better for the Maverick but there is still a huge gap.
Overall I am very impressed so far with Can am Maverick XXC. Very nice ride with plenty of power. I am working on mitigating the heat issue.
Ride them both and pick the one that makes you happy. In the end they are both great machines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts