Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018.5 Can Am Maverick X3 XRS
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What A-Arms are you guys upgrading to? I need to order a gusset kit and shock tower brace, so I can upgrade the a arms at the same time, looking for some input. And if you upgraded the ball joints what kind did you get? I am not in need of upgrading the axles as of yet. No, I don't want to use the "Taco kit" either, IMHO it's just a band-aid.

Thanks in advance!
Jason

·
Registered
90 Posts
My car is a mutt, CT arms and S3 shock tower brace. Both companies are highly regarded here. You might want to look into upgraded bushings while you have the front end apart. Went with OEM ball joints myself, but hear the Keller joints are beefy.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
I put CT Raceworx boxed arms on my rc with Keller ball joints. Super Daves bushings. Had a ZRP shock tower brace, but removed it (it's for sale!) to install the CA Tech limit strap kit with the integrated shock tower brace. Gusset kit is from No Limits RD. If I were to do it again, I'd probably go with the CT 'Bombproof' gusset kit -- not that there's anything wrong with the NLD kit though.

Running ZRP radius rods in the rear.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I bought CT raceworx for my 17xrs couldnt see a reason to buy anything else for my 2020x3xrsmax either. Bombproof gusset, bombproof shock tower brace, stealth winch bulkhead, boxed ct lowers along with the delron a-arm bushings. CT raceworx parts1 are the sh!t...... I will be receiving my arms monday and will put pics in my post

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,610 Posts
Another vote for CT Raceworx arms. I have their tube arms on both cars. No issues, great arms.

Reactions: oneshotkyle

·
Registered
362 Posts
Every time a OEM part would break on my X3, I’d replace it with a CT RaceWorx part if they had it - never broke that part again.

Doing that got me to over 25,000 miles - no reason to change it up.

It’s at CT now; they’re tearing the whole car down and rebuilding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,610 Posts
Every time a OEM part would break on my X3, I’d replace it with a CT RaceWorx part if they had it - never broke that part again.

Doing that got me to over 25,000 miles - no reason to change it up.

It’s at CT now; they’re tearing the whole car down and rebuilding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
25,000 miles! That's pretty incredible!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
CT tubular lowers are very strong and reasonably priced. If you need something stronger than that you need a different car.

438 Posts
HCR, No Limit, CA Tech, Assault all options i carry. Are you looking for a boxed type A arm or tubular? Also CA tech shock tower with limit strap kit is super nice, include the front frame support as well. For gusset kits like the TMW or Assault style work really well on the XRS and are stout. Let me know if I can help with any pricing or questions on any of the parts your looking for.

·
Registered
9,396 Posts
CT, S3, Cognito, Fabwerx

More of a budget can't beat the Super Atv boxed arms. You can get uppers and lowers for the price of most others lowers. My friend runs them on his X3

Or if you can weld or know someone that can weld the Taco kit from Extreme Performace is a great option. I have it on my X3 and it has held up great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts