Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note: I have searched the internet and this forum and came up with nothing on this issue . My compression adjuster is leaking around the high speed nut and I need to replace the "O" ring. It appears all I need to do is make a spanner wrench to remove the adjuster assembly to gain access to the "O" ring. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done Fox 2.0 shock revalving multiple times in the past however not on the IBP series.

·
Premium Member
6,970 Posts
I have done Fox 2.0 shock revalving multiple times in the past however not on the IBP series.
When you open up the shocks, are you required to vacuum or just refill with Nitrogen?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Fox 2.0s are Emulsion shocks and I simply refilled with Nitrogen. Keep in mind that the atmosphere is 70 % nitrogen so I dought a little air is going to make much difference in the shocks performance.

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
The Fox 2.0s are Emulsion shocks and I simply refilled with Nitrogen. Keep in mind that the atmosphere is 70 % nitrogen so I dought a little air is going to make much difference in the shocks performance.
meant more air bubbles than air. You really don't want bubbles in the oil it creates cavitation and the shock does not work smoothly. Like when old Uncle Tim tries to urinate and it just sputters and eventually he gives up the ghost

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
1) release nitrogen with shock needle
2) position shock so the adjuster is the high point
3) unscrew adjuster and remove
4) replace o-ring
5) add a little shock oil so when you reinstall the adjuster it will spill out a little
6) recharge with nitrogen

Reactions: Megadesertdiesel

·
Registered
906 Posts
For a while I've wanted to pull the adjuster and maybe tweak them for better high speed flow, kind of a cheap shock tune. The low speed flow and bottom out is fine, but just to take some of the harshness out of the stock shock setup.
Just wondering about how hard is the shocks to recharge? Do I need to buy a nitrogen tank setup?
Or at that point it looks like I'm talking to a shock guy anyways. Might as well just get a tune/ rebuild....

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
For a while I've wanted to pull the adjuster and maybe tweak them for better high speed flow, kind of a cheap shock tune. The low speed flow and bottom out is fine, but just to take some of the harshness out of the stock shock setup.
Just wondering about how hard is the shocks to recharge? Do I need to buy a nitrogen tank setup?
Or at that point it looks like I'm talking to a shock guy anyways. Might as well just get a tune/ rebuild....
easy to do. just need the bottle, regulator and hose.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1) release nitrogen with shock needle
2) position shock so the adjuster is the high point
3) unscrew adjuster and remove
4) replace o-ring
5) add a little shock oil so when you reinstall the adjuster it will spill out a little
6) recharge with nitrogen
Ok so it does simply unscrew without any other parts holding it back. That's what I thought however just wanted to confirm. When I spoke to CT Raceworx the guy on the phone made it out to be this major undertaking and just send it to them for service. I hate sales pitch's!
Thanks much

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
No, I was wrong. The adjuster is held in by a circlip. Look closely.

If you can't get it out, you can unscrew the whole HSC LSC unit with a pin spanner.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You can build a nitrogen setup for like $150. Need a bottle, then get a regulator off amazon for like $40, a hose, and a chuck and you're set. You can make it fancier if you want, but that's the basic stuff. You can get cheap bottles from home brewing companies too, then swap them out at a welding/gas supply store.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, I was wrong. The adjuster is held in by a circlip. Look closely.

If you can't get it out, you can unscrew the whole HSC LSC unit with a pin spanner.
So after you remove the circlip does it unscrew from the outer piece ?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I don't remember. Try it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hmmm! No one has removed the adjuster from a shock?
We rebuild and valve Fox shocks. It is a common issue on the adjusters. Dirt gets into and sits on the O ring. When you turn the adjuster the o ring gets cut. we are working on something for this. Ok now the bad news. The adjuster on your shocks is not an item we rebuild (and we rebuild everything if possible) Depending on model and location they run between 100 to 130 for a new adjuster. The shock will have to come apart to swap it out. It is a pain in the butt!! If you have been into FOX shocks before then it is possible to do yourself if you have the tools and ability to fill with nitrogen. We can also do it for you for the cost of the adjuster and 1 hour of labor at $90. If I can help at all give me a call here at the shop 704-684-5618 www.ctraceworx.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts