Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, opening a thread here has been my last resort as i have searched for hours and hours about a replacement for a cap on the snorkel on my XMR without luck.

Long story short, i rolled over my XMR, all good no damage after inspection, but it was at night, and didn't noticed the cap on one of the snorkels also fell off.
I've been looking for it everywhere but no luck, now im stuck with one not protected snorkel, and i don't feel good driving it like this as it might suck some more dust and rocks inside.

I cannot find anywhere a replacement part , tried ebay, amazon, and a lot of sites with no luck. I am based in Europe, and the closest dealership is 1000 miles and in another country, so it's a lot of inconvenience to travel there to look for a replacement.

Does anybody knows where can i buy one of these ?

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
Those add no protection what so ever. It may stop a bigger rock or stick from going in but that’s it. It has nothing to do with filtration what so ever. Order a frog skin and cut to fit or Rocky Mountain Atv may have them. Any kind of screen would do the same .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here is the part number 706600296.
I order most of my stuff from partzilla. But this is a small part so it might be worth getting from the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the part number, found it now.

Those add no protection what so ever. It may stop a bigger rock or stick from going in but that’s it. It has nothing to do with filtration what so ever. Order a frog skin and cut to fit or Rocky Mountain Atv may have them. Any kind of screen would do the same .
Hmm, now that you mentioned it, i might make some upgrades to it. I'll see what i can find and post the results after. Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
I wouldn’t restrict it much unless you just putt around. I would just get the piece you need and call it a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts