Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've been looking into purchasing the x3 x rc turbo. This would be my first SxS, I've ridin dirt bikes most of my life.

A big factor for me, is can i make it fit inside my toy hauler? The narrowest part of the trailer is 64" and i see the width of the x3 is a hair over 72". The big question, how narrow can you guys get these things by jacking up and strapping? I have a small side pantry that could be removed that would get me to 72" at the narrowest, but id prefer to not hack up my 2017 toy hauler.

So if anyone could give me a measurement of how narrow when jacked up, as well as height, id really appreciate it.

Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can get the RC in a 64" 120 hp model, only problem is if you go aftermarket wheels and tires make sure to stick with the stock offsets on the wheels. I'm sure there is some 19's kicking around at a decent price also.
Ya i was kinda thinking about going that route. I really want that bad to the bone wide machine though:furious:

·
Premium Member
9,124 Posts
Welcome RDUB91. You can always take a page out of the sand rail guy's book. Make yourself 4 wooden wheels out of plywood and drill out the bolt holes. That makes it a lot skinnier, you just have to put your regular tires back on when you get to, and leave your destination.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Welcome RDUB91. You can always take a page out of the sand rail guy's book. Make yourself 4 wooden wheels out of plywood and drill out the bolt holes. That makes it a lot skinnier, you just have to put your regular tires back on when you get to, and leave your destination.
Thank you!

It would only be the front two wheels, i have plenty of width in the back of the trailer. I liked the wooden wheel idea but doesn't the hubs stick out just as far as the edge of the tire? (only noticed this from pictures so im probably wrong) I have no problem doing a tire swap once i get to where im going :smile: Id love it if the wooden wheel solved my problems!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You need a bigger Boat! (wider toy hauler)
Your sand setup will likely be 80"
I know it :( I just bought the thing last year and i love it. Didnt have a sxs in my vision yet.

Like i said though, i have plenty of width in the rear of the trailer so wouldn’t my sand setup only apply to the back, leaving stock fronts?

·
Premium Member
9,124 Posts
Thank you!

It would only be the front two wheels, i have plenty of width in the back of the trailer. I liked the wooden wheel idea but doesn't the hubs stick out just as far as the edge of the tire? (only noticed this from pictures so im probably wrong) I have no problem doing a tire swap once i get to where im going :smile: Id love it if the wooden wheel solved my problems!!
I know you'll save space, how much, I'm not really sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts