Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold my 2018 X3 XRS max two weeks ago knowing June 30th was the big reveal, or so I thought. Probably put to much stock into hearsay and comments from people supposedly in the know.... Anyhow, my plan which had a backup has now completely backfired. Anticipated changes for 2021 didn't happen and no big 2020 discounts. At this point seriously considering a Speed UTT. Basically the same dollars and something completely different from previous machine. Everything looks good on paper, but seems like Speed is doing what Polaris did and using the people initially buying the car for R&D.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Don’t think there is any way to be sure until the speed utv is out and about in the wild. That said, I like everything I see about them. If I hadn’t just bought a wakeboat, I’d put a deposit in on a 72” 2 seat speed utv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
10,075 Posts
You have a minimum of 5 - 6 months before they even show up, and from what I've read, you need a deposit on one to even get one. The Speed car sounds great on paper, I think a lot of people are waiting to see.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Hopefully the Speed car is successful and raises the bar once again for all UTV manufacturers. If my x3 had a properly triangulated and double sheered frame and a dashboard with some real estate to mount radios and such it would be a much better car for me.

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
338 Posts
Same here. Seen to many pre orders with no actual product. Almost like a kick starter campaign. Then where do they get serviced for warranty work?

Hope things work out. Looks like a slick product. Interested. But my ass needs to be in the seat before money comes out on a new vehicle.

·
Premium Member
10,075 Posts
Same here. Seen to many pre orders with no actual product. Almost like a kick starter campaign. Then where do they get serviced for warranty work?

Hope things work out. Looks like a slick product. Interested. But my ass needs to be in the seat before money comes out on a new vehicle.
IDK, I never sat in an X3 until I bought it. It was one of the first ones in Arizona.

My friend was just a beta tester for the new Polaris that's coming. Said it's a game changer. Rumor has it that it's definitely over 1000cc.

Competition is good for everybody. The Speed car scares me only because they will need dealer networks for sales / parts / service. If they get that figured out, look out. I see a lot of people getting them.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's just it, lots of what ifs and nothing solid. Also can't get a straight answer on a lot of questions. Either complete confidence or arrogance. I personally have no problem buying without ever sitting in it based on actual feedback and reviews, but so far just lots of desparaging the competition and big talk. It potentially could cost $5k more to wait & not preorder (with hell key) but also could be a major headache if things don't come together.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Their renderings and press releases are an absolute joke. One image had the dash vents and headlight control from a Dodge Ram. Come on...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
My friend was just a beta tester for the new Polaris that's coming. Said it's a game changer. Rumor has it that it's definitely over 1000cc.
That'd be interesting. ROHVA, who mandates what an rec offroad vehicle is, limits power to under 1000ccs. That's why most stop right there. It's entirely possible to push over it, there might just be a lot of red tape as the DMV and gov't land follows a lot of the ROHVA standards and requirements.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I wondered how long it would be until somebody mentioned these new utvs. It sounds good except for a a whole new designed engine and I understand trans. I was in the auto industry for over 40 years and have never seen a new engine come out and work as advertised. I thought about getting on the list but will wait year and let others test them. However I'm cheering for them.

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 MAX XRS TURBO RR
317 Posts
I would give it some time before ordering one. They look great on paper though.

Crazy that their 4 seater msrp is 39,000. I can see can am/polaris getting closer to the 40k mark in the near future. Get one now while theyre still around 30k and put that 10k into aftermarket products :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
X3 vs Speed real world not on paper
Its all in your title. The X3 is real world and the Speed is just on paper, so there is no way to really compare them untill a Speed UTV actually exists.
That being said, If Robby delivers 80% of what he says the car will be, we will probable have a new king. But, the key word is IF.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I will let ya know when they are out testing though he would brought it out this weekend to check it in the heat but haven’t seen them out here

For that matter no one is out in the dez I’m staying away from the water till Monday

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
338 Posts
I will let ya know when they are out testing though he would brought it out this weekend to check it in the heat but haven’t seen them out here

For that matter no one is out in the dez I’m staying away from the water till Monday
Awesome. Keep us updated! Thank you!

·
Registered
106 Posts
IDK, I never sat in an X3 until I bought it. It was one of the first ones in Arizona.

Competition is good for everybody. The Speed car scares me only because they will need dealer networks for sales / parts / service. If they get that figured out, look out. I see a lot of people getting them.
I dont think you will see anything over 1000cc as others have said as i it wouldnt be legal as a offroad vehicle for atv/utv trail systems.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts