Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
+Only 100 smackaroos to get inline to order. Refundable.
+Lots of gears and no rubber band.
+ It has Sasquatch as a package. No silly XRS followed by RR’s Or R with a splash of RC RR’s and XMR.
-Robby Gordon said he didn’t design it so it sucks, like the X3.
-Weighs more than a X3.
-Less hp than a well tuned X3.
+/-Speed UTV will inhale the X3 and chit a Bronco.

Have fun. 😂😂

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Looks nothing like the prototype.
2.7 Turbo ~300hp.
Looks like one of the Fiat Jeeps.
$60K for top of the line.
Not just no, but F*** No!
I keep my 6.2 Raptor, my 18RCR and stand by for RG's four seater.

·
Premium Member
7,002 Posts
Looks nothing like the prototype.
2.7 Turbo ~300hp.
Looks like one of the Fiat Jeeps.
$60K for top of the line.
Not just no, but F*** No!
I keep my 6.2 Raptor, my 18RCR and stand by for RG's four seater.
Make sure you bring snacks and stay hydrated.....this is what happened last time guys waited on RG for the "new good wildcat" just saying.
A few guys are still waiting....
Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Bronco looks pretty good to me and has price points from under $30K and up. I like you can get it with 35" tires if you go with the Sasquatch package an the 4wd set up looks pretty nice. Ford has a wider model of the Bronco that will be limited production.

Jeep finally has some competition. The mall parking lots will be overtaken.

Reactions: onkyo

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Make sure you bring snacks and stay hydrated.....this is what happened last time guys waited on RG for the "new good wildcat" just saying.
A few guys are still waiting....
Tim
Out there playing with my toys standing by.
Not sitting there standing by...

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like it, but like Can Am, the aftermarket will be limited and expensive for a few years. Jeep and RZR parts are a dime a dozen.

The Jeep V8 option has me intrigued but after going wheeling Sunday, I think I will be selling my Jeep. My X3 rides so nice compared to my Jeep. Granted I could do coil overs but it still isn’t as nimble and fun. If it wasn’t for AC (even with no top and doors) and it’s quiet, I probably wouldn’t even use it.

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Premium Member
7,002 Posts
I like it, but like Can Am, the aftermarket will be limited and expensive for a few years. Jeep and RZR parts are a dime a dozen.

The Jeep V8 option has me intrigued but after going wheeling Sunday, I think I will be selling my Jeep. My X3 rides so nice compared to my Jeep. Granted I could do coil overs but it still isn’t as nimble and fun. If it wasn’t for AC (even with no top and doors) and it’s quiet, I probably wouldn’t even use it.
I have a super capable Toyota 4 Runner based crawler. Marlin crawler dual cases, ARB lockers front and rear, SAS, crossover steering built front axle Etc. Etc.. I rarely use it after getting my XRC.

The X3 is way more versatile. I can crawl, high speed desert and dunes.

Tim

Reactions: kbeefy

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3XRC Turbo
81 Posts
In the last month I have winched out my buddies YXZ1000r from a 8% incline in rocks to towing him back 7 miles. Last week I towed my other buddies Mule back for 2 miles. My X3 so far has performed flawlessly and has done everything that a jeep/bronco can do and it weights a lot less. Also you have to register that new vehicle and if you live in Cali it will cost you a grip of money because of our great Govner who raised registration taxes and doesn't allow depreciation on them!

·
Premium Member
7,002 Posts
No v8 option. Pass.
Even the 4 cylinder turbo's are more powerful than the original Bronco v8 302 was. The v6 turbo is way more powerful than the the 302 ever was. Tim

Reactions: DogRunner2

·
Registered
46 Posts
Even the 4 cylinder turbo's are more powerful than the original Bronco v8 302 was. The v6 turbo is way more powerful than the the 302 ever was. Tim
WAIT a v8 that has not been produced in 20 years has less hp than the latest turbo motors? NO WAY!
Do you think I want a windsor 302 from 1995 in it?

·
Registered
532 Posts
In the last month I have winched out my buddies YXZ1000r from a 8% incline in rocks to towing him back 7 miles. Last week I towed my other buddies Mule back for 2 miles. My X3 so far has performed flawlessly and has done everything that a jeep/bronco can do and it weights a lot less. Also you have to register that new vehicle and if you live in Cali it will cost you a grip of money because of our great Govner who raised registration taxes and doesn't allow depreciation on them!
Sounds like our no depreciation communist system in michigan for registration and plates.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts

The X3 can never do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
2.7 turbo and 10 speed AT? Pretty badass.
Jeep killer? Nah.... Jeeps have been dead since they dropped the 4.0.
Should have brought a v8 to the wrangler like they did all the cheap chinese toys. SMH

Of course I would love to see a 5.0, 3.5 tt, or 6.2 tearing the tires off....

·
Registered
106 Posts
I attended a UTV rally sponsored by the local dealer, and by Can-Am this last week, held in the southwest US. Daytime temps were up to 104 in the valleys, but temps in the mountains were nice. On the final day there were 5 of the orange X3 XRC's on the ride, with mine being one of them. At the end of the ride, with five miles of desert to go to get back to the trucks, a spontaneous race broke out between the 5 XRCs. What an e-ticket ride that was, five orange XRCs, flat out, across the desert. It looked like a wolf pack coming through. Those machines look fast when they are sitting still, and when you've got 5 of them racing each other, well, lets just say it was way more fun that I could ever have in my Jeep, or could ever expect to have in the new Bronco. So the X3 wins for pure fun factor. But if Jeep really builds one with a 6.4 under the hood, then sign me up. My current Jeep would be replaced in a heartbeat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts