Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Maverick X3 X RC Type R
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't see very much talk about valve adjustments on newer machines. Is this a problem for our Rotax? I have a RZR 900 that needs the valve clearance checked at 2000 miles. I just hit 2000 mile on the RZR and I am having cold start problems. My X3 has 2000 miles so I wonder if I need to tear it apart and check the valve lash. Does anyone know if the adjustment involved shims and buckets?

·
Registered
438 Posts
There isn’t much talk about since it’s in the shop manual under routine maintenance.

do yourself a favor and buy a shop manual ......you’ll learn a lot and know what needs to be done and when !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't find what I needed in the manual. I just called the local dealer. They said the lifters are hydraulic so it doesn't need periodic adjustment like Polaris. Unless I hear otherwise I won't worry about it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
You don’t have the 1000R engine ......you have the 900 ......the 1000r does get periodic valve adjustments.

do you have a shop manual or the little booklet that cake with it ? The shop manual is several hundred pages long

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2018 Maverick X3 RC Type R. The manual is 1200 pages. The first 300 don't talk about adjusting valves.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I see that now that you changed the title from 1000 R

yes on your 900 you have hydraulic lifters .....and a real shop manual !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts