Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi Ed- I will see you at slash X this Saturday. What time you plan on getting there?

·
Registered
535 Posts
REALLY want to get my car out there, but can't make it this weekend.
Looking forward to meeting up with you this season though.

·
Vendor
618 Posts
REALLY want to get my car out there, but can't make it this weekend.
Looking forward to meeting up with you this season though.
I will be doing this more often this season in the Dez as popularity has increased. Besides suspension tuning, It’s also been a a fun great way to meet new people in person, talk and trade stories and ride! Fun times always for sure!

·
Registered
9,639 Posts
I will be there between 8 and 9am in the large parking area behind slashX.
Have fun out there. Weather should be perfect. I will make one of your Barstow days.

·
Vendor
618 Posts
Great day! We Got a few cars good to go!
Friends and drivers helping out doing some wrenching and making adjustments.

The King swaybar links are a hit in the Dez!!

Attachments

·
Vendor
618 Posts
I also had a 2020 max 4 seat! Stock power is great! Good pull, better power mid to top end in the dirt. we swapped out the stock Foxes for “my” King IBP shock set up. The improvements at all speeds, in overall car handling is something that needs to be felt and experienced to truly appreciate and understand! The comparison here wasn’t even close!!

So we had some good comparison testing in the harshness of the Barstow Dez!! Couple of the drivers had stock Foxes, tweeked for the Dez, and other tuned Foxes.
The people that showed up got to know and see and feel the results of comparisons as this! Comparisons to “my” Fox set up as well as With other shock brand set ups!!

It would Be in the best interest of owners that are all about the real driving and handling experience to come out a see and feel for themselves what it’s all about! These are real Life results, true testing and comparisons With real people, owners and drivers.

moto!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Ed- I wish I had gone with your set up first, huge improvement over the work i had done... thanks for taking the time to show me what yours can do.

·
Registered
9,639 Posts
Ed- I wish I had gone with your set up first, huge improvement over the work i had done... thanks for taking the time to show me what yours can do.
He does good work. You will find yourself going faster without even realizing it.

I am a year in with his complete shock work and it still impresses me every time I go for a ride.

Reactions: Pound Sand

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got Ed’s King setup this Saturday and I would have never imagined in a million years the Kings could be so much better than the Fox setup. He definitely knows what he’s doing and how to do it. I spent 2 days running the Slash X coarse in Barstow and the Fox setup was brutal on me and the car. Noisy, clunky and out of controlled chaos. I blew my CV boots both inner and outer on one rear axle and was seriously exhausted. That Saturday Ed set me up with his King tuned shocks and I was in a completely different car. I picked up 20-30 mph through the roughest parts of the coarse. It was smooth, controlled and confidence inspiring, I couldn’t get enough of it. I came back Sunday morning and put 5 more hours grinning ear to ear and feeling great. It was so much fun hearing he engine scream and knowing your getting the most out of it and really hooking up. Thanks Ed great work!! BTW you’re Bad A** driver want to go out with you guys again.

716ABD5E-785F-44E1-A46F-3203D6BD119F.jpg

Axle from second day at Slash X

·
Registered
535 Posts
When's the next outting ?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Is there a ‘kit’ to take the 3 way stickers to something respectable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
618 Posts
When's the next outting ?
Soon! Some time in November, I need to get caught up on some shock work !! I am a couple weeks back logged !

making room for testing and setting up other new model cars also. CanAm, Polaris, Wildcat, Honda and Kawasaki

I have already set up the Foxes, ( and king shocks ) on new 2020 RR max 4 seaters. New stock motor runs great out of the box! With my added new suspension set up, really let’s the car get all that new power to the ground. Stupid fun!

·
Vendor
618 Posts
Is there a ‘kit’ to take the 3 way stickers to something respectable?

i can valve and modify those 3 position clickers, or you can upgrade to the hi/low speed DSC adjusters that I also modify. Old is removed and new installed.
those are a little over $100 ea .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Is it possible to add rebound adjustment to the basic shock, with or without the up graded piece you mentioned

·
Vendor
618 Posts
I will be in Johnson Valley KOH Area Tuning and Testing cars this Thursday and Friday if anyone wants to come out and compare suspension tunes! These tuning days are where people should, and do come and see what their car really is capable of in the rough, the sand, the rocks.
Real life comparisons say it all,

81 - 100 of 122 Posts