Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's going this weekend? Johnson Valley June 3, x3 cars... Ed has demo shocks he can bolt on your car and you can take it for a spin. Or he can tune your shocks on the spot. Take advantage of this, he tuned mine and wow what a difference, well worth it.. he also has Walker Evans sway bar links, so he can bolt then right on your car.
Shoot him a text 714-343-3399.

·
Premium Member
11,159 Posts
Shock links.............

·
Premium Member
11,159 Posts
he means the walker evans sway bar links that ed is selling
Thanks, but I know what he means, it's an inside joke.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sway bar link are you using them one in the front and one in the back or both in the back? Does the sway back still make that annoying banging noise with them? Thanks.

·
Vendor
618 Posts
I have a few cars to dez tune this Friday and or Saturday. SoCal dez
If anyone else is interested, shoot me a text for info on place and time and see if we can fit you in?

Getting the x3 max dialed in also ! Get ready !?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a few cars to dez tune this Friday and or Saturday. SoCal dez
If anyone else is interested, shoot me a text for info on place and time and see if we can fit you in?

Getting the x3 max dialed in also ! Get ready !?
Im good with either Friday or Saturday Ed so let me know what works best for you so you can hook up the other MAX owners.

·
Vendor
618 Posts
I've been waiting for information on the MAX, hardly any information over on their board.
Sorry! I'm doing so many cars these days! I thought it would slow down in the summer a little! But up north, and in the east is riding time!
I'm trying to get away and work the 4 seater!! Any day now

·
Registered
202 Posts
We have the X3RS, 4 seat Max ripping it up this morning!
New Stock Shock settings!
Just want to say Thank you again Ed!!!! She is an entirely new machine!! No more bucking in the rear and it is a night and day difference from where it was. It is like driving an entirely new machine again! Definitely worth it!!

·
Vendor
618 Posts
We will be in Johnson Valley, tomorrow, Saturday October 7 tuning X3 and other can am cars, XPs also.
Come on out and check it out! You can take a car for a ride and compare the levels of suspension tuning for your ride!!
I can tune your stock car on the spot!
and I will also have Walker Evans Sway bar links available! So we can bolt them right on !
Find out what’s possible for your car! You will never know unless you compare!

Text is best!
thanks
Ed
714-343-3399

·
Vendor
618 Posts
Recently, we have revisited the stock Suspension tune to both x3rS and X 3DS. It seams the stock springs really start to compress down and loose some lenght memory and possibly some spring rate. While I have been setting up my customers with a good enitial stock set up, we have had to adjust it down the road. So I have now been leaning to just setting the car up initially to still work best even after it settles in and breaks in. This all took some time as owners put more miles and time on thier machines!

We have been in the Socal desert last 3 weekends continuing tuning the x3rS and x3DS stock Suspension as well as fine tuning my customers new revalved stock and aftermarket Suspensions. By doing this in person! Its going the extra distance to tune and tweek owners cars to meet the individuals needs and wants. Everyone is a different in driving style, areas driven, and car loads. So one set up surly does not fit the masses!

Im going to keep saying this!
Get out there and drive or ride in cars with the Suspension improvements before you spend big money! Or talk, one on one, with someone you may know and trust that has a drive style similar to your own drive style that had spent money on a full shock redo.
If you just like plush ride, cruising the dunes? Taking to a young desert racer isn’t going to help you much? Catch the drift??

There are a few levels of Suspension improvement. Tweeking the Stock set up, ( most popular) and or adding, say springs? Or the biggest improvment, full revalve and set up of your stock shocks, or going aftermarket shocks with proper customer shock work. And proper set up for your personal needs.

But talking about this on the forums is not the same as getting in these cars and comparing! When it comes to spending the big money! THe BEST WAY is Actually getting a ride and or driving and feeling what the that car does! YOURSELF! YOU!
How does the car handle in the flesh!!?
Not a video, Not people taking that don’t even own the particular vehicle??
In the end,
It’s about you! The owner, driver! DRiving or getting a good informative ride!
Does the car instill more confidence to drive? Does it feel safer to drive at many levels? How does it put a smile on your face, the familys face overall? And I’m talking OVERALL! Is it good or better in one set of conditions? And maybe not so good, or worse in another?

I already know! I do it also! As a drive tuner, I drive everyone’s cars! So i can know what’s out there! It’s experiance to feel how others tune also. And compare it myself. THen compare to what owners and customers feel also. Then make judgments on my own tunes based on the CUSTOMER/DRIVER wants and needs.

This way, you can make a good choice for your favorite Suspension tuner and set up your car closer to your needs!

So! Get out there and get a ride and drive!
Good luck!

Moto!!

P.S.
part of these tune sessions in the dez and dunes is for owners to come visit and check out what’s really going on! Get a ride or go drive a car! My car is always getting driven!!
most, if not all my customers are more than happy, if not totally excited to show you, offer a ride, or offer thier own car for you to test drive!!
How can you do any better than this??
oh ya?? You can! You bolt on a set of my demos and go drive your own car!

Doesn’t get any better than this

·
Registered
103 Posts
Recently, we have revisited the stock Suspension tune to both x3rS and X 3DS. It seams the stock springs really start to compress down and loose some lenght memory and possibly some spring rate. While I have been setting up my customers with a good enitial stock set up, we have had to adjust it down the road. So I have now been leaning to just setting the car up initially to still work best even after it settles in and breaks in. This all took some time as owners put more miles and time on thier machines!

We have been in the Socal desert last 3 weekends continuing tuning the x3rS and x3DS stock Suspension as well as fine tuning my customers new revalved stock and aftermarket Suspensions. By doing this in person! Its going the extra distance to tune and tweek owners cars to meet the individuals needs and wants. Everyone is a different in driving style, areas driven, and car loads. So one set up surly does not fit the masses!

Im going to keep saying this!
Get out there and drive or ride in cars with the Suspension improvements before you spend big money! Or talk, one on one, with someone you may know and trust that has a drive style similar to your own drive style that had spent money on a full shock redo.
If you just like plush ride, cruising the dunes? Taking to a young desert racer isn’t going to help you much? Catch the drift??

There are a few levels of Suspension improvement. Tweeking the Stock set up, ( most popular) and or adding, say springs? Or the biggest improvment, full revalve and set up of your stock shocks, or going aftermarket shocks with proper customer shock work. And proper set up for your personal needs.

But talking about this on the forums is not the same as getting in these cars and comparing! When it comes to spending the big money! THe BEST WAY is Actually getting a ride and or driving and feeling what the that car does! YOURSELF! YOU!
How does the car handle in the flesh!!?
Not a video, Not people taking that don’t even own the particular vehicle??
In the end,
It’s about you! The owner, driver! DRiving or getting a good informative ride!
Does the car instill more confidence to drive? Does it feel safer to drive at many levels? How does it put a smile on your face, the familys face overall? And I’m talking OVERALL! Is it good or better in one set of conditions? And maybe not so good, or worse in another?

I already know! I do it also! As a drive tuner, I drive everyone’s cars! So i can know what’s out there! It’s experiance to feel how others tune also. And compare it myself. THen compare to what owners and customers feel also. Then make judgments on my own tunes based on the CUSTOMER/DRIVER wants and needs.

This way, you can make a good choice for your favorite Suspension tuner and set up your car closer to your needs!

So! Get out there and get a ride and drive!
Good luck!

Moto!!

P.S.
part of these tune sessions in the dez and dunes is for owners to come visit and check out what’s really going on! Get a ride or go drive a car! My car is always getting driven!!
most, if not all my customers are more than happy, if not totally excited to show you, offer a ride, or offer thier own car for you to test drive!!
How can you do any better than this??
oh ya?? You can! You bolt on a set of my demos and go drive your own car!

Doesn’t get any better than this

I am one of the happy clients of ed's. I spent the day with him yesterday dialing in my stock x3xds. WOW!!!! What a difference this made in my car. By the end of the day he had me pinned at 80 MPH through the woops at Johnson valley. Also got to drive his car. His custom suspention tune is so sweet and plush on his car. After all said and done I deletes sway bar and he dialed the shocks perfect. After running the same section of trail over and over again this is pretty dialed for now till I have him do the valving. If you live in the Socal area you don't pass up on ed's knowledge. I drove my car for a whole year last year and had a fabulous time. But when I got in my car after I did my suspension it was like getting into a brand new Maverick x3 experiencing it for the first time.

Thanks Ed

·
Registered
160 Posts

I am one of the happy clients of ed's. I spent the day with him yesterday dialing in my stock x3xds. WOW!!!! What a difference this made in my car. By the end of the day he had me pinned at 80 MPH through the woops at Johnson valley. Also got to drive his car. His custom suspention tune is so sweet and plush on his car. After all said and done I deletes sway bar and he dialed the shocks perfect. After running the same section of trail over and over again this is pretty dialed for now till I have him do the valving. If you live in the Socal area you don't pass up on ed's knowledge. I drove my car for a whole year last year and had a fabulous time. But when I got in my car after I did my suspension it was like getting into a brand new Maverick x3 experiencing it for the first time.

Thanks Ed
How is one to know when Ed is going to be out testing?

1 - 20 of 122 Posts