Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1061 - 1080 of 1098 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have this set up from Ed and it is KILLER!
X3.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a question for the suspension gurus here. I currently have a 2018 XRS with an MTS shock package setup for Moab and all around riding. The lowest is can go is 18" or so but rides superb and now that i've added sway bars it's good for ripping around fast turns and rides like a cloud.
Anyway to my question...
I want a Max as well for weekends with the kids but don't want to spend $35k on an XRS rr. Can i buy a lower model and take these MTS shocks and swap them then stick the RC2s with new springs on the 2 seat XRS?
I really don't want 2 cars but not sure the Max will be near as much fun.
Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
12,697 Posts
I have a question for the suspension gurus here. I currently have a 2018 XRS with an MTS shock package setup for Moab and all around riding. The lowest is can go is 18" or so but rides superb and now that i've added sway bars it's good for ripping around fast turns and rides like a cloud.
Anyway to my question...
I want a Max as well for weekends with the kids but don't want to spend $35k on an XRS rr. Can i buy a lower model and take these MTS shocks and swap them then stick the RC2s with new springs on the 2 seat XRS?
I really don't want 2 cars but not sure the Max will be near as much fun.
Thoughts?
You have your car set up perfect, yet you want to cannibalize it to hopefully get another car to an acceptable suspension set up, and then take the car that was perfect and put underwhelming suspension on it? My advice is, I wouldn't.

If you want a Max, have at it, and then set that one up too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You have your car set up perfect, yet you want to cannibalize it to hopefully get another car to an acceptable suspension set up, and then take the car that was perfect and put underwhelming suspension on it? My advice is, I wouldn't.

If you want a Max, have at it, and then set that one up too.
Yeah you're probably right, i just have to try and make things hard. I kind of want to make the 2 seater more of a short course rocket, meaning lower and more toss-able. However that would mean a re-spring and revalve. Figured i might just pop those shocks over to the max. Either way i'd be doing shock work so probably best to just go the easy route and build the Max.
I haven't been here long and this thread has been very helpful.

·
Vendor
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,068 ·
I am planning on being in Barstow area, “slashX cafe” this Saturday the 26th suspension tuning cars if anyone would like to come out and Check it out for themselves. Compare what you have to what you can have in the Dez!
Canams, Polaris, Kawasaki, Honda

·
Vendor
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,070 · (Edited)
As an observation, I see more and more people reading and gathering Info on the internet. This can be good, but only to a limited extent? Real, on hands experience is usually a good addition to the paper or opinion info. It seems more and more (experts) are popping up everywhere that are eager to tout their expertise in one way or the other. But we never know that real experience level? Is it All paper info? At what level if any is the real life experience info??

As suspensions go,
This past weekend at our tuning and test day in the Barstow, two of the x3 owners had used information from the internet gurus from the forums and YouTube To set up thier stock suspension for the Dez. Of course they claimed this info was the shit for the x3rs owner!!?? By who’s “standards”
People just don’t know what they don’t know!

I love this stuff because, meeting owners with their cars in the Dez or dunes allows me the opportunity to drive test all kinds or shops, internet, YouTube, and whoever’s Suspension set ups. So I know where the bar is, and what’s out there to compare my own set up to in real driving life. Then I get to see the owners reactions when we change the vehicle around to work to my standards of suspension. Face to face!

No internet or YouTube talking clutter?

And to see the smiling faces and amazement in the owners when they get to experience the new limits of the car in real life, after new adjustments, and real life comparisons to what they thought was good or great because some keyboard or video producer said so Is an experience in itself.

There is not much to debate the real life driving comparisons. The internet chat room Fodder dosnt hold water to The real driving comparisons. This is the only way to make a real choice on what works for the owner driver.
Get out and compare in real life driving what works best for the owner driver.
Moto

·
Vendor
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,072 ·
I will be in Barstow Again tuning and testing this Saturday October 10 for anyone interested to come out and feel and see for themselves if having your car suspension work the best it can is worth it? There will be plenty of cars to ride in and maybe drive to choose from. Plenty of x3rs 2 and 4 seaters.
All are welcome to meet great people and share experiences and do some comparing!
We will be inside the Fenced camp/parking area behind SlashX cafe All day Saturday.

·
Vendor
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,073 ·

I have “MY TUNED” CanAm Kings in stock, for x3rs But they are going out almost as fast as I get them in?!
I do x3RR with matching orange springs on black anodized Kings.
Also non shine black satin springs, or any custom color!

·
Vendor
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,078 ·

“Just went out for a night ride, man I’m loving this thing Ed! Now I can push this thing hard like I’ve always wanted too!”

·
Vendor
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,079 ·

Ed,
Got back for the desert yesterday....excuse my Language but holy shit! What a difference!!! You were right on with the handling/tracking of the car and removed the front sway as directed. My wife and I were all smiles for the first 30 mins of our first ride. Thank you so much!
Tommy

1061 - 1080 of 1098 Posts