Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
Ed!!!!!!! http:// Thanks for the lil Walker struts. They fit perfect on the XRS. I will find out this weekend if they help a little on the slower harsh stuff.

Thanks again.

Sam
I saw them, and thought they looked really trick! I thought they were only made for PoPo's though?

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
Pound Sand, check your PM.

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
Should a newbie like me have someone work on the suspension or leave as is to have lower the chances of a rollover?
IMO, rollovers are 100% driver error, and nothing to do with the suspension. Suspension can always be tuned/worked to be better than stock.

Reactions: mpelite

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
I have to thank Ed once again. One of my dumb ass friends ran out of gas coming back from Duner's Diner, about a mile out of Roadrunner. I barely knew Ed, having just met him the same week. It was pouring rain, and I was out of options. Stopped by Ed's camp, and one of his friends were kind enough to give us some gas. Thanks again Ed! See you in February.

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
Hahaha that was a crappy way to end that ride. This is Tommy by the way
This was on the way there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Tommy, nice pic!

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
I think I need some suspension work... and better judgement.

View attachment 91858
I'll definitely vote for the better judgment, LOL. A little too much peddle for that small jump. Must have been an "oh shit" moment! So that totaled it? What was the aftermath? Bent frame, ripped out arms, bent/broken shocks, crushed radiator?

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
Congrats on winning Duner of the Year on Glamisdunes Ed! Proud to say I know you "a little", LOL!

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
Hi,

I have read all posts and am still a bit confused. i just took delivery of an Xds. I would like to get Poundsand's basic setup. Most of the specific posts I see are for the Xrs.
I am not very knowledgeable on shocks, so i just want to be sure i am making correct adjustments.

Is there a "quick start" for the Xds? Kind of a step by step for the basic setup and then tweak from there? i ride exclusively in the sand. would be awesome if someone can start with ballpark ride height, front and rear. And then to high and low speed adjustments, and crossover adjustment.
I will also disconnect the front sway bar.

This would be a great to have a starting point. Kind of a "suspension setup for Xds dummies" Thanks!
Basic height is 15" front and rear. This can be achieved with the spanner wrench you should have received in the tool kit. Ed will sell you everything you need to know (all settings information) for $80 believe. It's money well spent, IMO. I broke a front sway link, and then disconnected the sway bar. I liked it a lot, not going back.

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
I read 350.00 pair, just can't find post to copy for ya

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Yep, that's what I saw too. So that's why I thought just 1 was strange.

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
Hollywood, I've skimmed through but just need basic info. My xrs max is only at 14" unloaded front and rear. I know it should be higher. I think 16 front 15 rear? Is there basic instructions somewhere to do that. These shocks look like they have multiple adjustment rings. I just want ride height adjusted. And shouldn't that height be with it under load with say 500 lbs in it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Well, Ed did mine in Glamis, and I don't want to take away from his business. Easiest thing to do is jack it up to take pressure of the shocks, and start turning the ring. At 14" you won't have much to do, just need an inch or two.

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
Hey guys, new forum member, read through entire suspension setup thread, I bought a XRS max a few months ago, been building it up for the next Glamis season, wanted to post my settings and maybe get a little feedback for a dune setup on the max chassis.

Planning on on getting a set of walker links for the rear sway bar, may remove the front bar eventually...

Stock ride height 14", raised preload all 4 shocks 1", new ride height is 16", (empty) measured on stock bighorns in my flat garage.
crossovers rings set 1" above slider in front, 2" above slider in rear.
High speed compression full open, all 4 corners
low speed compression full closed, then open 1/4 turn, all 4 corners
rebound front 12 clicks open
rebound rear 10 clicks open.

plus other bolt in goodies...

View attachment 117634 View attachment 117642
Nice wrap, I like the colors!

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
Ed, whats the price for your settings, i heard that can be purchased?
You are correct, but it's better to PM him. Or call, I don't think he wants to talk prices on here.

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
i seem to be having a problem with my email and phone stuff, a bug, im finding some customers are blocked, I’m sorry I’m trying to figure out what’s wrong, I’m sending stuff out, it says sent, but people are not getting my info, i could not even get on this site for awhile? And think i tracked it to my iPad, and I’m out of town and without that iPad. It’s happing to a number of people. Ugh!!!!
im hope to have it figured ASAP, or i will print it out and send it
It's either being blocked by your competitors, or the Russians. Take your pick, LOL.

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
Accurate.
Just do not touch the Russians. We are the same people as you are. And our actions are exactly the same as yours.
We also participate in competitions with X3, including. We are also interested in the subject of suspension. I often get a lot of information from this forum.
Just a joke, don't get all worked up about it.

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
Ok, great thread but a lot of info. Shock upgrade is a must. Which way to go is the million dollar question. I have a new X3 and want to know which way to go. I cancelled my appointment with shock therapy for a couple reasons but I know I need more info. I want quality but I'm a worried about price a little. Is a normal shock tune good for most consumers? For me upgrading to a set of king or Walker's might be a little steep. I'm ready for the upgrade, just unsure a best direction.
There is nothing wrong with getting the Fox shocks resprung, and revalved.

Reactions: Chaosnaz

·
Premium Member
14,664 Posts
Read through this entire forum but no one mentions the new changes on the 18 Shocks and Springs. Figure someone that has the new 18 shocks and springs might chime in. Ive already spoken to a few guys at fox and another place and got their opinion, just thought I'd see what people here said.
Thanks
What new changes to the shocks and springs?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts