Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Been following since first post.

Where are you at weight wise at this stage ?
guessing 1100-1200 finished plus me when Justin wagered a guess, I’m 200. The main bottom rails are .250 wall DOM so it is a little heavier than similar size chassis, but I won’t bend it under my abuse even at 225 hp for luanch up the ledges etc. I’ll weigh it when we set the springs and let you know. With stock chassis I was at 1700 with 1/4 tank of fuel and me.

·
Premium Member
10,444 Posts
Powder coat was crazy fast. Guess he wanted a three day weekend cause it was back by 9 this morning.
Also the weight guess was off. With all the heavy wall and plate he is guessing 1500 race ready without me in it.
Looks great!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
All that beautiful work, and you went with the stock lower a arms? Why?
Sponsors man sponsors... waiting to see who steps up this week or next for the front arms. The rear trailing arms are all set chromoly, I bought those full price like anyone would since they will not sponsor east coast racers, so they won’t be named or called out. The rear radius links are the strongest on the market, they have survived completely unscathed through everything.

And honestly given the three really epic rolls I’ve had in this already and the stock arms have survived has really impressed me. That is till the ball joints started pulling through and we went with kellerman ball joints to beef it and keep them from being able to spit the clips and pull out, https://kellerperformanceproducts.com/ . That was exciting at my last bounty race...

so so we will see, super atv or ORB fab.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
That is a crazy impressive build man. Can't wait to see the next update.
Thanks! Picked up and will get pics tomorrow. Had the ECU and key reader crap out due to reversed ground in the harness? fixed today. So just got to mount the fire extinguisher and tighten belts etc and be ready for the pro UTV race at Dirty Turtle Offroad Park this sat! Seat time seat time! Won’t have time to put the super atv front arms on but will shortly.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Congrats on one awesome machine.
Thanks!
i got the harnesses in and fire extinguisher mounted. I’ll get the air pump and rugged radio in hopefully tomorrow evening. I have to make a new switch panel since we found the aluminum plate interferes with the key rfi so the key is just hanging... should get the panel made Thursday. I ran it around a little today and it handles great so flat and neutral. The stock power is silly and will be a handful for sure with the clutching it has, it is notchy at take off so it needs a little tweaking but can wait till the tune goes on next week. I’ll be swapping in the new super atv arms next week to so look for more pics of this thing shortly with the wrap panels and final parts. Maybe swapping to turner axles shortly as well. Sitting in the center is a new experience as is having the pedals spread out so seat time seat time seat time! I’ll load it up Thursday night and head to Dirty Turtle Offroad Park Friday morning for the race Saturday. Here we go! Lots left but it is alive finally.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,444 Posts
Thanks!
i got the harnesses in and fire extinguisher mounted. I’ll get the air pump and rugged radio in hopefully tomorrow evening. I have to make a new switch panel since we found the aluminum plate interferes with the key rfi so the key is just hanging... should get the panel made Thursday. I ran it around a little today and it handles great so flat and neutral. The stock power is silly and will be a handful for sure with the clutching it has, it is notchy at take off so it needs a little tweaking but can wait till the tune goes on next week. I’ll be swapping in the new super atv arms next week to so look for more pics of this thing shortly with the wrap panels and final parts. Maybe swapping to turner axles shortly as well. Sitting in the center is a new experience as is having the pedals spread out so seat time seat time seat time! I’ll load it up Thursday night and head to Dirty Turtle Offroad Park Friday morning for the race Saturday. Here we go! Lots left but it is alive finally.
Looks great!!! Can't wait to see the "final rendition" with the wrap, and other goodies.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Did those tube dimensions get saved for this to be redone, or is that going to be a one-off.

Also, have you weighed it now complete?
all saved and ready to be built again.

I raced it one hill this weekend and was the 4 th up the hill first to try the center. I cut a back flip and landed on my wheels. Slid back down to the bottom since I couldn’t find the brake pedal�� so seat time seat time seat time. Machine wasn’t hurt and I charged back up. Ran out of time and had to head out before round two. Had a ton of fun and know the machine is a tank for sure. A crazy fast tank.

Gripes with it. I really hate the steering. The epower steering is not cutting it and seems to be weaker than my old turbo rzr version. Not sure if it rack design or the crazy travel. I’m dreaming of full hydro now. Anyways going to put limit straps on the front and change tenders up front. It is so light it unloads super fast on the break over kicking the front end over. Combined with the wheel getting ripped out of my hand I lost it on the climb and rolled. But it put on a show and gave me some input to refine it. I also decided to adjust the clutch weights as in high it is notchy making starting on the hill nose up hard to get it smoothly started. Low is amazing but very limited wheel speed in low. Anyways still working it out and debugging. I’ll post a few pics shortly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Any video? Sounds like you had quite a blast! Sucks about not being able to find the brake pedal. But like you said, just need more time in the seat.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Once those V8 buggies get going, if you weren't watching, you would think you were at the truck pull. :) I need to get out to one of these hill climbs to watch in person sometime. Just crazy carnage. Good stuff man. Some damn steep stuff. Your ride is totally purpose built. Good luck on the season.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Once those V8 buggies get going, if you weren't watching, you would think you were at the truck pull. :) I need to get out to one of these hill climbs to watch in person sometime. Just crazy carnage. Good stuff man. Some damn steep stuff. Your ride is totally purpose built. Good luck on the season.
yeah those bouncers are trippy. I have a long way to getting a leash on mine. Setting up ride hieght and springs over next couple weeks. Should make all the difference for getting my seat time and feeling out the new new machine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
yeah those bouncers are trippy. I have a long way to getting a leash on mine. Setting up ride hieght and springs over next couple weeks. Should make all the difference for getting my seat time and feeling out the new new machine.
The machine will be at the outdoor show at the Gatlinburg convention center this weekend come check it out at the gear grabber shifter booth!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts