Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First some info on the machine called Plan B as a gag when my turbo rzr went down prior to first race last season.

It is a XRS base machine. I destroyed the stupid front diff on the first pro rock UTV last year. Running stock except 32 inch carnivores and a kirky containment seat. Shortly after we started making some radius arms, strongest out there. Next I did the first RC front diff swap and that was interesting getting all the parts, first set of rev axles in the process for the RC. Took fourth with it open at the first bounty race last season in SRRS with a crazy roll, destroyed the cage. April last year after that race I broke my leg pretty bad trail riding and was down for several months from racing. Broke a ball joint at the next race once I was released to race. Upgraded them.

So at that point I contacted rzr sharp about doing a chassis. He was up for it knowing the growing number of X3 units out there and how they make huge power and have a great drivetrain. So he has been working it over giving something amazing. Not only is it so much stronger its silly but it’s lighter and easier to work on as well as being better protected in vulnerable areas. So take a look, these are not finished shots as it is being tweaked, braces are missing, it isn’t finished welded in them and the cockpit will done this week. Powder coat next week. Wrap shortly after with lots of seat time to get ready for the first series races coming up in March.

This is the machine that the gear grabber for X3 machines was built off and tested on so it has a gear grabber shifter and is running a hot tune from aftermarket assassins now deleting power steering and torque limiters. The stock power steering sucks so it has an epower steering unit to steer it with the RC locker and 32s.

More to come keep in mind these are not finished pics yet those will come.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,635 Posts
bad ass!!! I had a plan of buying a wrecked XRS and making it single center seat and shedding some weight along the way, gonna be a rocket!!!

keep posting as you go, very interested

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I’ll get a few new pics up shortly. The ECU and control will be back next week so he will start the interior very shortly. We are deleting the factory gauge pod ad only running the the tuner interface so should be very clean and simple.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Almost finished welded primary cage structure with bracing next.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nice! That will be a lot of fun. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
For those wondering about the front, here is a pic of the 1/2 plate used for diff and suspension mounts. This reuses all can am parts. We talked about doing a can am diff and rzr suspension to simplify it but he decided to build it so anyone wanting one could reuse any existing parts and keep it brand true for others.
The front bottom is plated and trussed now. I’ll get a better shot later.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts