Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

341 - 360 of 371 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hmmm, I better check mine again tomorrow. Your loaded right hieght is about same as mine unloaded.
Though I have about 300 miles on the machine, theses have been fairly easy trail miles thus I don't think my shocks and springs are broken in just yet. After Halloween Weekend at Glamis, they should be combat tested and fully broken in. From that point on, our measurements should be fairly close.

I have also noticed that my ride height measurements can change by up to a half inch just by driving the car around the block and parking it back in the garage. This Stretch Armstrong/Slinky suspension makes measuring the ride height a tricky affair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Though I have about 300 miles on the machine, theses have been fairly easy trail miles thus I don't think my shocks and springs are broken in just yet. After Halloween Weekend at Glamis, they should be combat tested and fully broken in. From that point on, our measurements should be fairly close.

I have also noticed that my ride height measurements can change by up to a half inch just by driving the car around the block and parking it back in the garage. This Stretch Armstrong/Slinky suspension makes measuring the ride height a tricky affair.

I have about 150 miles, including a trip to Glamis already. I just double checked mine this morning, rear is 16" & front 15-1/2". Maybe I'll add 1/4" preload to the front...

We'll be at Glamis on Halloween also. Maybe see you out there?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
From the first thread to the top of the lock ring mine is 6.5 rear and 3.5 front preload.
Wow, your preload is 1.5" more front and rear!
After 63 miles on a new car, the ride height dropped about 5/16" in the rear.

Rather than crank it up some more after every ride, I might wait until I install the Eibach springs.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I don't think my shocks and springs are broken in just yet.
Shocks break in as the bushings wear, but springs just sag out, the cheap ones anyway.
It seems the OEM springs just keep on sagging indefinitely.

Supposedly the high quality springs like Eibach will take an initial sag and require resetting ride height one time.
Thereafter they are claimed to hold the ride height without constantly adding more preload.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tom revalved and installed new eibach springs last thursday, I went to Slash X Sunday and we rode approx. 65 miles. Vast improvement, previouslyI had Pound Sand adjusted my shocks and it did help alot but still low speed jarring. Now it is very plush but also soaks up the hoop d doos at high speed. Tom did a amazing job. Rock

·
Registered
383 Posts
Dang! Wish I'd known you were in Washington, I could have taken you guys on some awesome stuff. We have some great riding here.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Tom revalved and installed new eibach springs last thursday, I went to Slash X Sunday and we rode approx. 65 miles. Vast improvement, previouslyI had Pound Sand adjusted my shocks and it did help alot but still low speed jarring. Now it is very plush but also soaks up the hoop d doos at high speed. Tom did a amazing job. Rock
Tom and Gary got this stuff figured out, Toms a frickin shock genius and since Gary has an X3 you all know he is gonna have that Rs Dialed in. I know Tom just did a few Max X3 cars and Im curious as to how those guys liked it.

Reactions: kbruce130

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Don't bother Gary, he's focused on my shocks right now. Thanks again for the help Warlock. Can't wait to test the car out.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Don't bother Gary, he's focused on my shocks right now. Thanks again for the help Warlock. Can't wait to test the car out.
Your Welcome Max. I know Gary and Tom will have you dialed right in. The only way to really make these IBP shocks work the way they were intended to work is going all the way inside and modifying the bypass ports. And like I always say theres nobody out there with the level of experience on IBP bypass tuning tuning like Tom and Gary. The placement of the Ports and knowing where and why they go where they go is the difference. Im sure theres copy cats out there getting there hands on some to duplicate there hard work to call it there own Tune. To bad they cant lock the shock down to keep the thieves out. ohh well thats how it goes.
I cant wait to see how you like it Max.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just dropped of my 2018 X3 RS shocks with Tom today for the full treatment including springs. He happened to be out in Barstow testing with a truck team about 20 minutes from my house. Scored. Can't wait to try them out when he's done.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
Just dropped of my 2018 X3 RS shocks with Tom today for the full treatment including springs. He happened to be out in Barstow testing with a truck team about 20 minutes from my house. Scored. Can't wait to try them out when he's done.
Awesome, Tom Pretty much lives in Barstow you will find him there every week. Him and Gary have these X3 cars Tuned like a Trophy Truck because that is the Trophy Truck test track where the best of the best Tune Trucks all the time. The Nastiest whoops you will find. Can't wait to here what you think.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know this is a pretty old posting, but I need my shocks fixed and was hoping to get them done by UTVShocks as this forum indicates a lot of happy riders......

Thanks
Randall

·
Registered
638 Posts
I know this is a pretty old posting, but I need my shocks fixed and was hoping to get them done by UTVShocks as this forum indicates a lot of happy riders......

Thanks
Randall
Do it. You won’t regret it. The only thing my shocks can’t do is blow me. I’d have paid double, that’s how good they are!

·
Registered
9,293 Posts
(714) 390-3172 is disconnected:(
Gary I believe takes a break over the summer. Tom should be around. Email them.

If no response then reach out to another shock tuner.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the advise. I called shock therapy in Phoenix. I havent read anything bad about their stuff, so I called them and will get a set of springs on Friday

Thanks
Randall

341 - 360 of 371 Posts