Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

301 - 320 of 371 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
And put them in good boxes or crates that can be used to return them. Failure to do so will be dealt with severely.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
And put them in good boxes or crates that can be used to return them. Failure to do so will be dealt with severely.
Right. No Shock Tune For you. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Hey guys
I want to send my shocks out to you for tuning soon
Thought i read somewhere you have 2 locations
One in so cal
Is that correct or just wishful thinking

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
756 Posts
X3 RS Suspension Tune BY GARY

Is installing schrader valves an option when having shocks tuned by Gary ? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,454 Posts
Is installing schrader valves an option when have shocks tuned by Gary ? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great question!

·
Registered
108 Posts
There is NO NEED for Schrader Valves... They are a sealed shock and if for some reason they need nitrogen - well.... That means they need looking at...

We can do Schraders... But really you don't need them...

Thanks Gary

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
Gary had them cars Dialed in like nobodys buisness.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
637 Posts
i was disappointed with Oceano. I think i saw you though, i thought i saw a guy with a raw cage once or twice out there. Split
Yeah Pismo sucks for duning for the most part. Running the back fence line from the south to the north was actually really fun with Gary's setup. My Xp2 turbo neighbor didn't find it near as fun; he would fall off the pace big time.
I have been going there since I was an infant (when it was a huge area to ride) and have taken my family there every year in the summer to "camp at the beach". The fact that you can ride is cool though. The rust that happens to everything is always a bummer. I was not going to take the X3 until 2 weeks prior I got the idea to bring my wall tent / now X3 garage. Parked it in there hot and it stayed dry the whole trip. Had a heater if need be too. Worked well.
IMAG1048.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
I can remember Devil's slide as a kid. Place was huge back in the good ol days. About 10x what it is today.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I can remember Devil's slide as a kid. Place was huge back in the good ol days. About 10x what it is today.
Me too. Riden up it in the dark with pops and the pinto powered 4 seat High Jumper w/ fiberglass. You can see it way .............................................................. off in the distance still.

Enough about Pismo and back to X3 bump suppression. I have been trying to get a slow mo vid posted but it seems corrupted. Damn apple phone vs 09 windows computer.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Can we confirm that 18's suspension in the xrs is the same as the 17....I want to adjust mine to the specs that were gone over for the 17 but don't know if they changed anything.

·
Registered
454 Posts
st222, from what my dealer has mentioned, yes it is the same as a '17.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah Pismo sucks for duning for the most part. Running the back fence line from the south to the north was actually really fun with Gary's setup. My Xp2 turbo neighbor didn't find it near as fun; he would fall off the pace big time.
I have been going there since I was an infant (when it was a huge area to ride) and have taken my family there every year in the summer to "camp at the beach". The fact that you can ride is cool though. The rust that happens to everything is always a bummer. I was not going to take the X3 until 2 weeks prior I got the idea to bring my wall tent / now X3 garage. Parked it in there hot and it stayed dry the whole trip. Had a heater if need be too. Worked well.
View attachment 132601
man, u really love ur x3. Lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
I took my shocks to Tom wednesday and picked them up last night (thursday) what a great guy. Had alot of fun talking with him, I installed this morning and heading out to Slash X sunday to try them out. I wanted to have my shocks revalved by Tom but dreading of boxing and send to Havasu, I talked with Tom on the phone and found out he lives 2.5 miles from me in southern california. This made it so easy.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I took my shocks to Tom wednesday and picked them up last night (thursday) what a great guy. Had alot of fun talking with him, I installed this morning and heading out to Slash X sunday to try them out. I wanted to have my shocks revalved by Tom but dreading of boxing and send to Havasu, I talked with Tom on the phone and found out he lives 2.5 miles from me in southern california. This made it so easy.
Tom and Gary are great guys and will spin your head if you ask too many questions about shocks/valving, haha. Tustin to Tustin? Nice.

Congrats. You will be amazed at the night and day ride quality difference from the stock raised ride height and adjusted valving to their setup. Enjoy.

301 - 320 of 371 Posts