Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

261 - 280 of 371 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I would really like to thank everyone that went out of their way to CLEAN their shocks before shipping or delivering them to us. Also, shipping them in Heavy Duty Boxes that we can re-use is always a bonus!

Now, I want to thank Robert for winning the award of the not only the cleanest shocks but the most awesome shipping boxes!

wow....i feel 1-uped

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I'll go ahead and chime in on this now that I've spent 2 days in my car after getting shocks back from gary... this car was harsh on everything except for wide open throttle passes through 2ft whoops on the stock set up. Truthfully I came from my turbo rzr with shock therapy stage 3 so I was a little bummed right off the bat with the suspension. Gary did a full revalve and all new springs... and I added a bunch of weight to the car with all the add ons... this car now rides more plush than my rzr while still handling the big stuff like a class 10 car! The best part is my wife is finally happy that I replaced a perfectly good rzr with a new toy! Hope gary is ok but I'm using some of his pics he took of my car because I haven't stopped long enough to get any of my own!

Wife's all smiles now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sick set up
Who makes that cage and bumper

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just wanted to say I ran my X3 for about 500 miles with the stock shocks. I had them adjusted to raise my ride height and although it was better, it was still way too rough. I had my shocks taken to Gary and he worked his magic. I got them back and put them on the car. Its a COMPLETELY different car. I hit woops at 85mph and dont feel them. I go over choppy dirt and its so smoothe. I have NO idea what he did...but this was absolutely the best money I spent on the Can Am. My take, if you have any money to spend...the first thing that should be addressed is the suspension. I cant understand how Can Am and Fox couldnt figure this out...but Hats off to Gary for his knowledge.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I second this. I am pretty sure Gary is a sorcerer, because the work he has done (and CONTINUES to do) is nothing short of witchcraft. He continues to go above and beyond in his work, and we (the consumer) are benefitting from it.

Go Gary!!!

Just wanted to say I ran my X3 for about 500 miles with the stock shocks. I had them adjusted to raise my ride height and although it was better, it was still way too rough. I had my shocks taken to Gary and he worked his magic. I got them back and put them on the car. Its a COMPLETELY different car. I hit woops at 85mph and dont feel them. I go over choppy dirt and its so smoothe. I have NO idea what he did...but this was absolutely the best money I spent on the Can Am. My take, if you have any money to spend...the first thing that should be addressed is the suspension. I cant understand how Can Am and Fox couldnt figure this out...but Hats off to Gary for his knowledge.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
It's like I always have said before a hundred times. Gary and Tom have forgotten more about Tuning suspension than most people even dream of understanding what they are really doing with suspension. A neighbor friend went out and had his suspension done by Shock Therapy and I will just go a head and say it. It sucks.
No BS it's not worth a shit.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
I second this. I am pretty sure Gary is a sorcerer, because the work he has done (and CONTINUES to do) is nothing short of witchcraft. He continues to go above and beyond in his work, and we (the consumer) are benefitting from it.

Go Gary!!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
It's like I always have said before a hundred times. Gary and Tom have forgotten more about Tuning suspension than most people even dream of understanding what they are really doing with suspension. A neighbor friend went out and had his suspension done by Shock Therapy and I will just go a head and say it. It sucks.
No BS it's not worth a shit.

A friend recently asked: should I call "that Gary guy" or Shock Therapy. He had read all the hype, etc about shock therapy. In the end, ST did good work, but they are tuned for the masses and comfort. Gary will set you suspension up for YOU. Well worth it.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
A friend recently asked: should I call "that Gary guy" or Shock Therapy. He had read all the hype, etc about shock therapy. In the end, ST did good work, but they are tuned for the masses and comfort. Gary will set you suspension up for YOU. Well worth it.
I'm sorry to say but, shock therapy is good at marketing BS. They really don't know what they are doing and I remember people telling me how they paid some outside guys to develop a Polaris Tune. So like I said before they really don't have a clue as to what it takes to work on and really tune the Fox IBP. There X3 Tune on our neighbors car sucks. Period.

Reactions: TULE

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'm going to have my shock cans cob blasted and polished down at skips prop shop. Hire a couple spring breakers with the pastys on to drive the x3 to the refuge and talk Gary into doing a little shock work.
My buddy can smoke right on past a tuned car in the whoops with Gary's shock work on his car.
That being said, if shock therapy was putting out a second rate product, I would be extremely surprised and disappointed.
Those guys have worked their ass off getting a car dialed in for me in the past.
Heard they didn't do worth a damn in Mexico either.

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
I'm sorry to say but, shock therapy is good at marketing BS. They really don't know what they are doing and I remember people telling me how they paid some outside guys to develop a Polaris Tune. So like I said before they really don't have a clue as to what it takes to work on and really tune the Fox IBP. There X3 Tune on our neighbors car sucks. Period.

Lmao! Gary knows his stuff for sure.

I think Shock Therapy knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #275

They don't know as much as they say they do trust me.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #276

The only way they will understand how to tune the IBP is to steal it. Right now they are just Messing around with simple stuff that doesn't work. From what I've learned from Gary and what him and Tom have had to do to make the IBP Fox work is some serious knowledge going on not just shooting in the dark. And even that doesn't always work out the best so they do so they go a little different route. Tom was building Internal bypass Shocks in 2000 for Ivan's race Toyota. All hand built so like I said these guys have forgotten more than most will ever even know.

Reactions: mearsman

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Suspension worked pretty darn good this last weekend. I kept the setting on the softer side.

Looks like you need JWI to mod the clutch.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

261 - 280 of 371 Posts