Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone found a unit made for the X3 that has a radio, gps, and back up camera capabilities? Or has anyone used a regular double din deck and made a waterproof enclosure? Just ordered a complete sound system for my X3 but would love to have something similar to the ride command in my friends new rzr turbo S.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, there is not a direct product that mimics the Ride Command available for the X3 at this time. The best option for a DIN deck is to use the X3 electronic device holder and fabricate some type of support for the DIN radio to keep it shielded from the elements unless you want to replace the dash from a company that makes carbon fiber redesigned dashes that would facilitate such an installation. You may find additional suggestions by utilizing the search function or Google.

Many use a cell phone or iPad for music, piped in through an intercom. PCI is the only company that is currently making a true stereo intercom at this point. By using a helmet or headset, the background noise these cars generate is eliminated, thus creating a better listening experience and protecting your hearing at the same time. The same iPad can easily be used for navigation with various apps, and can be used as a backup camera vis Bluetooth. Various products are available for communications, ranging from simple hand held radios coupled to the intercom, up to the latest fancy digital radios. All of this information is easily available using the search function as the topic is popular and has been answered many times.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just found a new system by Garmin that has all this incorporated into one unit. Garmin Tread is a new system that has GPS/MURS Radio/ Back Up Camera/Switch Control/ and a few other features. Its a new system and not a lot of reviews yet. Average price i have found is $700 for the kit. Im not worried about the radio since I have a full PCI Race Radio set up but the GPS system and features it has are interesting. I am curious if anyone on here as used one or planning on getting one. There is a always the talk about Gaia maps being better and how with Garmin you have to use their setup. I still like the rugged set up of this new system, i may end up getting one to use anyway. Got tired of using my Tablet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am using the ride command app on my phone. It's a little buggy on occasion. But the price is right. - REALLY love the 3d replay of my recorded rides. I made a mount to hold my phone in landscape, but I need to modify it so I can use portrait. Ride command has an annoyingly huge ribbon across the screen when sideways, and also not all of the functions are displayed. I hope the display is better for you tablet users!

I'm not in a hurry to spend the money for a Lowrance unit, but that's where I'm heading. I'll probably decide after I try using ride comand's "group ride" function. Has anyone tried this using the free version on their smart phones? I guess I need more friends lol.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
301 Posts
I use Ride Command on my iPad mounted to the tablet holder for nav. Works good for a free app. I do have minor glitches occasionally where I have to restart the app but even when that happens, it continues to track my ride through the restart.
I run tunes to my PCI system through the iPad as well.
For reverse camera I use a dedicated wired monitor. I know some have used a wireless camera with a tablet but I’m unaware of how well that works. I may try the wireless option at some point but would like to hear other’s experience first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts