Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the EPower steering kit for the X3? Steering on my X3 with 32s is horrible and weak, was thinking to upgrade to the Epower steering kit or possibly as an alternative the new Hess steering quickener. Any feedback about pros and cons of each would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope, not a one. You should try it and post a review so we can search the info and learn about it.
Megadesetdiesel Thanks for the very witty reply, I would love to see the link of where the 2 are compared with pros ad cons compared with each other. Can you send me the link to this thread as clearly u have a much greater technical knowledge than I do?

·
Premium Member
8,724 Posts
Megadesetdiesel Thanks for the very witty reply, I would love to see the link of where the 2 are compared with pros ad cons compared with each other. Can you send me the link to this thread as clearly u have a much greater technical knowledge than I do?
Naw,,, ill pass you can swim through that shit and learn for yourself. Ain’t no free rides on the MEAG train.

·
Premium Member
7,823 Posts
Esteer cons
You have to buy it
Welding and cutting required
Need dual battery or larger battery or alternator

Esteer pros
Analog adjustment knob
Less to no steering feedback
One hand steering

Love it so far

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I also like my esteer. It is much better than the stock unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
280 Posts
One note on the con's above. You do not necessarily need dual batteries to run the Epowersteering system. I switched to the Epowersteering system after hating how much feedback there was from the stock 2017 power steering unit (especially in 4WD). I've put over 3000 miles on it since then running only a single (stock) battery. I'm not running the assist control all the way up, however, and most of my driving is in the 20-70 mph range. If you are running full assist at rock crawling speeds or running a heavy lighting or stereo load, then two batteries may be needed. But the extra battery only buys you more time until they go dead unless you have increased the alternator output. Ran for two days in Moab with no issues, however, so it really depends on how high you have it turned up, what other loads you have, and how many rpm's you are consistently carrying.

·
Premium Member
7,823 Posts
One note on the con's above. You do not necessarily need dual batteries to run the Epowersteering system. I switched to the Epowersteering system after hating how much feedback there was from the stock 2017 power steering unit (especially in 4WD). I've put over 3000 miles on it since then running only a single (stock) battery. I'm not running the assist control all the way up, however, and most of my driving is in the 20-70 mph range. If you are running full assist at rock crawling speeds or running a heavy lighting or stereo load, then two batteries may be needed. But the extra battery only buys you more time until they go dead unless you have increased the alternator output. Ran for two days in Moab with no issues, however, so it really depends on how high you have it turned up, what other loads you have, and how many rpm's you are consistently carrying.
Well put, agree.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts