Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
How do you get to the battery or the access behind to the turbo? Does the turbo/engine cover stay on?

They look like they make doing anything back there tough.

I really do like the seat, just dont want to spend 1.5 hours just to get to the battery.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Just like with 2 seats take it out to get to battery at least I did I’m way to big to try to squeeze back there to get to hatch I take rear bolts and rock seat forward Im so fast now at taking the damn seats out I can do it in a couple minutes

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I haven't done it in mine but for the lap you could use the seat bolts or double up with the other lap and for th shoulder it would not be hard to figure out my seat is out now for repairs I'll look later

·
Registered
38 Posts
Any update on how to mount the center belt and what type, if it is a longer harness.

I mounted mine on the tube behind the seats. It works well. The bench install was pretty easy. I did cut down the center grab handles as those are the biggest impediment to installing. I cut them down above the grips and then reinstalled the grips when done. Looks stock.

I mounted the bench using 4 bolts; the 2 outside bolts on each side. It was very difficult trying to get 4 bolts on each side and the seat manufacturer said he just uses 4. This should make for easy removal if needed.

As far as the battery, I added remote terminals behind the rear firewall. Now I can connect to charge or jumpstart someone without removing the rear seat. All in all the seat looks awesome!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my my Hunter rear seat installed. Strongly recommend to anyone looking for a rear bench seat. Contact Curtis at Hunter seats.
I have a 12, 10, and 8 year old currently, but my 12 year old is already 5’5”. My questions is how comfortable are these rear seats for adults? Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a hunter safety seat. I am 6ft tall and can ride passenger or driver side. I have never sat in the middle, but I think I could ride their also.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I ordered from Chris Jackson at UTV Mountain Accessories Hopefully the seat arrives when my new car gets here

Seat Arrives today I take delivery of the car tomorrow !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there I am new to the x3 but I am needing a rear bench. I have narrowed it down to the hunter safety and triple X rear bench. Looks like you don’t sacrifice leg room with these benches. Any benefit one over the other? Do you have to buy new harnesses or can you use the original seat belts that come standard?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey there I am new to the x3 but I am needing a rear bench. I have narrowed it down to the hunter safety and triple X rear bench. Looks like you don’t sacrifice leg room with these benches. Any benefit one over the other? Do you have to buy new harnesses or can you use the original seat belts that come standard?
I have hunter safety seats with a bench in the rear. They are awesome. Very nice quality. The bench is a pain to install.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I found I could unbolt the back of the seat and move it forward enough to get access to the battery. I did install the remote battery posts that come out the backside to make it easy to hook up a jump or a tender. Think I paid less then a hundred for the setup.

The bench is a pain to install and even more of a pain to remove to get to a battery issue.....

21 - 40 of 44 Posts