Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 2019 x3 max with barely 750 miles on it. Mostly open desert driving with some whoops. I was diagnosing a noise and then noticed that I can't adjust the drivers front side shock with the adjuster. It just spins left and right but does not click into any of the 3 positions. Also, I noticed some oil on the bottom of it.

Is the whole thing bad now? How else can I tell and how would I go about fixing it?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,767 Posts
Since it looks like you're in AZ I would just hand them off to Shock Therapy. Get the revalved while you're at it. Toss in a spring kit at the same time. 20% off springs until the end of the day.

·
Premium Member
14,585 Posts
Oil on the bottom of the shock, on the rubber bumper indicates a blown seal. DO NOT drive it if at all possible. Can you post a pick? Can't help with the spinning selector, but it could be related. Driving it might damage the internals.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sounds like time for a rebuild if leaking oil. And if it's being rebuilt, might as well do a shock tune, springs, and upgrade to DCS adjusters if you have a broken QS3 adjuster. You could also look into finding a used set of RC2's and selling your QS3's. You got options on how to fix it. Just need to figure out what path you want to go down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts